House Price Crash Forum
Jason

House Prices 'to Rise By 4% In 2006'

"Interest rate cuts and "robust" growth in employment will help speed up growth in UK house prices next year, research predicted today. The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rics) said it expected prices to rise by 4% in 2006 and by the same amount in 2007, following a 3% upturn this year. Mortgage approvals are also expected to rise from a five-year low of 1.13m in 2005 to reach 1.34m as the property market shows signs of picking up. Publishing its housing market forecast for 2006, Rics said the "modest" upturn in house price rises next year would reflect the recent cut in the cost of borrowing. It also took into account expectations of a further 0.25% reduction in interest rates in the coming months."

http://money.guardian.co.uk/houseprices/st...c=ticker-103704

Also: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/mortgages/hou...1&in_page_id=57

Also: http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsarticl...IN-PROPERTY.xml

Edited by Jason

"Interest rate cuts and "robust" growth in employment will help speed up growth in UK house prices next year, research predicted today. The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rics) said it expected prices to rise by 4% in 2006 and by the same amount in 2007, following a 3% upturn this year. Mortgage approvals are also expected to rise from a five-year low of 1.13m in 2005 to reach 1.34m as the property market shows signs of picking up. Publishing its housing market forecast for 2006, Rics said the "modest" upturn in house price rises next year would reflect the recent cut in the cost of borrowing. It also took into account expectations of a further 0.25% reduction in interest rates in the coming months."

Even I dont think that will happen!!

If it does the crash will be even harder! Reality Check!! I am in the top 15% earnings in this country and I cant afford to buy a house that I would see the bottom 30% living in....... Sooooo that means that my job which is in the top 15% makes me have to live in a home opposite/next door to unemployed low lifes....

I have one answer to that.. Fu*k off! I would rather live in a hotel!

Nuff said!

If it does the crash will be even harder! Reality Check!! I am in the top 15% earnings in this country and I cant afford to buy a house that I would see the bottom 30% living in....... Sooooo that means that my job which is in the top 15% makes me have to live in a home opposite/next door to unemployed low lifes....

Nuff said!

:lol:

Same here! Although £500 per month for a decent flat in a decent area is what I finally went for!

Nuff said!

That sums it up for me and that is why reality has to come back to the market next year.

Robust growth in employment? Havn't we just has the biggest jump in unemployment in <so long> hasnt unemployment been increasing for 10 consecutive months or so?

What am i missing here?

Ok. Well, based on this report i'm off out to buy that 2 bed new build Flat for 220k on a 100% interest only mortgage.Can't loose now can i? After all they're predicting an 11% rise over the next 3 years for crissakes.If i don't get on the property ladder now i never will.Sorry guys.

How the hell can RICS say that prices have risen 3% this year when they have just reported 18 straight months of falls ??!! What a load of old toss.

They also said they expected transactions falls to below 1m as a result of a slower market and that was before the Sipps chicken came home to roost.

Strangely contradictory - a little like the BTL mortgage broker ringing up the Telegraph correspondent the day after GB's little bombshell to say it would have no effect and could he please say so?

The Fox

Nuff said!

TOP POST!!!

Could not have put it better myself!!!

TB

'Interest rate cuts' and '"robust" growth in employment'

No one told them about the rising unemployment then? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4527492.stm

Unemployment rates are not strongly correlated with employment rates. It's perfectly possible to have both rising employment and rising unemployment if the total size of the workforce is increasing.

The stick we get on this site by the bulls for not calling things right. We are not the experts by the way. And yet RICS can predict the future. They predict EMPLOYMENT growth and they predict a rate cut.

Why didnt we just listen to them in the first place?

A BAG OF ****** THAT PREDICTION

"Interest rate cuts and "robust" growth in employment will help speed up growth in UK house prices next year, research predicted today. The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rics) said

Is it April 1st?

R.I.C.S

Royal Institute of Corrupt Surveyors

Nuff said!

Consider yourself lucky. I am in the top 25% earnings, work damn hard, own an 11 year old car and do not waste money on Plasma TV's but I can't even afford to buy a garage in Rickmansworth. (Seriously it's true!)

Any more relative income reports?

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

" The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rics) said it expected prices to rise by 4% in 2006 and by the same amount in 2007, following a 3% upturn this year.

The RICS spokesperson also claimed that Elvis Presley had Landed in a UFO last night in his back garden, Elvis then proceeded to throw out loads of 20pound- notes at him saying " Hey momma, this here's for you"

B)

BEEP.....BEEP......BEEEP....BEEP........BEEP.....BEEEP....BUZZWORD ALERT.

DID ANYBODY ELSE SEE THE WORD "MODEST" CREEP IN????......NOW TAKE A LOOK AT THE REPORTAGE FROM TH '90'S CRASH AND SEE HOW IT SNEAKS UP!!!

Unemployment rates are not strongly correlated with employment rates. It's perfectly possible to have both rising employment and rising unemployment if the total size of the workforce is increasing.

You're right. The way they fudge the figures its easily possible to have both rising employment and rising unemployment.

Sorry to mention this again but how the hell can they claim prices have risen by 3% this year when their own reports have shown consecutive falls for something like 18 months ? !! Am I missing something ? Is black now white and up down ? is the world really flat afterall , perhaps the pope isnt a catholic either ?!!