House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Southampton Acid Attack Victim

Yeah, I was thinking that.

Acid in the face .... it could be any race ..... somewhere East of India and (looking at the map) West of Thailand.

This is my hometown and i don't think this thread will be merged with another on here.

If you read through the comments on our local newspaper.

Comment at 4:01pm

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/news/13771184.UPDATE__Acid_thrown_in_woman_s_face_in_Southampton_city_centre_attack/

This kind of attack is dispicable and it seems to be getting more common (copycat?) There have been other instances of acid attacks on women very recently.

I didn't expect to see it here in southampton though.

When i say these types of attack are becoming more common a man had acid poured over him after an altercation during a screening of the movie Straight Outa Compton in redhill west sussex:

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-09-02/man-attacked-with-acid-after-confrontation-at-straight-outta-compton-movie-screening/

An acid attack following a confrontation during a screening of the movie Straight Outta Compton has left a 27-year-old man with "potentially life-changing" injuries.

The victim, from Redhill, had been watching the hip-hop biopic, about American rap group NWA from Compton in California, at Cineworld in Crawley, West Sussex on Sunday.

Police said that the incident is thought to have started when the victim and another man, aged 29 and also from Redhill, had an altercation during the screening.

I live in Southampton. I understand it was a targeted attack and they know each other, but generally I would avoid the Guildhall.

Go to Ocean Village, or Oxford Street.

This is my hometown and i don't think this thread will be merged with another on here.

If you read through the comments on our local newspaper.

Comment at 4:01pm

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/news/13771184.UPDATE__Acid_thrown_in_woman_s_face_in_Southampton_city_centre_attack/

This kind of attack is dispicable and it seems to be getting more common (copycat?) There have been other instances of acid attacks on women very recently.

I didn't expect to see it here in southampton though.

You think it was a Polish person responsible? Why?

I used to live in Southampton. It was never that sort of town. For the OP, I was born in Redhill. :blink:

I used to live in Southampton. It was never that sort of town. For the OP, I was born in Redhill. :blink:

I've lived here for 34 years and it was always a pretty nice city to live in but now:

Southampton is 3rd in the Home Office's league table of violent crime.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/the-most-dangerous-places-in-england-330450

Having said that it's still pretty ok here, I'm going out for a 5 mile run at 8pm i will be taking in both Itchen and Northam bridges on my lap round the city.

I've lived here for 34 years and it was always a pretty nice city to live in but now:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/the-most-dangerous-places-in-england-330450

Having said that it's still pretty ok here, I'm going out for a 5 mile run at 8pm i will be taking in both Itchen and Northam bridges on my lap round the city.

Now they know where you will be, they will be waiting for you.

I lived in Portswood! Near St Denys Station, and the University! I lived in Arnold Road!

I find it impossible to believe that Nottinghmashire is the ninth safest county in England

I must have visited Nottingham on some bad nights

I have a question based purely on two visits to Southampton.

Why do so many people have some kind of walking disorder, for example, dragging one leg along behind them?

Obviously I noticed the rather swish shopping centre, the boats, and some nice heritage, but that (no pun intended) stood out.

Why do so many people have some kind of walking disorder, for example, dragging one leg along behind them?

Obviously I noticed the rather swish shopping centre, the boats, and some nice heritage, but that (no pun intended) stood out.

What kind of people we're doing the leg drag thing? Did they have a baseball cap on at a jaunty angle?

What kind of people we're doing the leg drag thing? Did they have a baseball cap on at a jaunty angle? & smell of Skunk Cannabis?

No, not really. Just people in general, some more obviously pronounced than others. It has mystified me to this day.

Did they have a parrot on their shoulder?

Poirates! Them be many doun there!

Southampton is a place that reminds me of post-industrial Norther crap hole (Im Nothern)

Which I guess is what Soton (and Pmouth) is.

You've had a generation or two who have lying to get on the disability benefit train rather than work.

The swishness of new shopping centre is tempered by the rest of the area.

East Street and the now abandoned BarGate centre gives the place a zombie apocalypse feel.

I remember having a beer in M'boro with someone from Soton.

We were in a bit of a sh1thole - not that narrows it down 'boro.

What do you think of 'boro? I asked.

It reminfs me of home he said.

He was right.

I do think their needs to be some sort of official enquiry into this practice of not mentioning the suspect's race, unless they are white. I can accept by the guardian and Beebe do it, although I disagree, but it seems ridiculous that the police themselves do it.presumably they are terrified if being accused of being institutionally racist.

If nothing else, it just leads to errant speculation in the populace. Do people really think this is the sort of thing poles and Jamaicans get up to? Maybe they're not very bright in Southampton.

Actually, it as surprising to see a big scary photo of a black knife murderer in the guardian the other day. It as after he had been convicted of course, but still unusual.

No, not really. Just people in general, some more obviously pronounced than others. It has mystified me to this day.

trying not to disturb the tumblers in their ankle bracelet tracker thingy?

Police have ruled out an honour killing saying the victim was white.

Police are still refusing to release descriptions of the attackers.

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/news/13772735.Acid_Attack__Victim__may_lose_sight_/

Last night officers were not releasing descriptions of two people they wanted to trace in connection with the attack.

But they denied it was linked to an honour-killing style attack which have occasionally been launched in Asian communities saying the victim is white and there is no ethnic or cultural link.

They were also unable to disclose the extent of the victims injuries but it is thought the corrosive liquid has blinded her.

When i say these types of attack are becoming more common a man had acid poured over him after an altercation during a screening of the movie Straight Outa Compton in redhill west sussex:

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-09-02/man-attacked-with-acid-after-confrontation-at-straight-outta-compton-movie-screening/

An acid attack following a confrontation during a screening of the movie Straight Outta Compton has left a 27-year-old man with "potentially life-changing" injuries.

The victim, from Redhill, had been watching the hip-hop biopic, about American rap group NWA from Compton in California, at Cineworld in Crawley, West Sussex on Sunday.

Police said that the incident is thought to have started when the victim and another man, aged 29 and also from Redhill, had an altercation during the screening.

So the assailant just happened to have a bottle of acid on his person, as one does....... Hmmmm..........

Police have ruled out an honour killing saying the victim was white.

Police are still refusing to release descriptions of the attackers.

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/news/13772735.Acid_Attack__Victim__may_lose_sight_/

Last night officers were not releasing descriptions of two people they wanted to trace in connection with the attack.

But they denied it was linked to an honour-killing style attack which have occasionally been launched in Asian communities saying the victim is white and there is no ethnic or cultural link.

They were also unable to disclose the extent of the victims injuries but it is thought the corrosive liquid has blinded her.

The victim might well be 'white' but doesn't automatically mean the assailants were too.

The victim might well be 'white' but doesn't automatically mean the assailants were too.

I think that there is no link implies the attackers were from a different culture and a different ethnicity, being the same would mean there was a link.

I think that there is no link implies the attackers were from a different culture and a different ethnicity, being the same would mean there was a link.

I agree, the wording of the sentence logically implies that the assailant(s) were not white - when I suspect what they wanted to imply was the opposite.

As others have said above, why can't we just have straight talk. Oh long gone are the days when Shaw Taylor would be on TV asking if "you saw a 6ft black man running away from the scene" etc. :lol: