House Price Crash Forum

Establishment Vs Populists

Steppenpig

HOLA441

I was completely taken aback by the misinformation lies and hate spread by the establishment about Farage. I was utterly mystified when the same happened to Corbyn, even from commentators in the guardian who have spent their lives campaigning for these sort of policies.

And I simply cant understand why many posters hate him so much.

Why on earth do people prefer to believe evasive characterless creatures like Cameron, Clegg, Cooper, Burnham, than people who actually seem to believe what the say, who listen to the questions and try and answer them, rather than responding with a totally irrelevant party political soundbite?

Edited by Steppenpig

HOLA442

I was completely taken aback by the misinformation lies and hate spread by the establishment about Farage. I was utterly mystified when the same happened to Corbyn, even from commentators in the guardian who have spent their lives campaigning for these sort of policies.

And I simply cant understand why many posters hate him so much.

Why on earth do people prefer to believe evasive characterless creatures like Cameron, Clegg, Cooper, Burnham, than people who actually seem to believe what the say, who listen to the questions and try and answer them, rather than responding with a totally irrelevant party political soundbite?

Indeed! I have come to the conclusion (from a Scottish perspective) that a slight majority of people are morons! Just have a look at this video. What is said is completely honest and yet she will be portrayed as the great satan by the media and a slight majority of morons!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-34283944

Edited by CyberNat

HOLA443
HOLA444

Pretty much. When I saw Corbyn at PMQs I merely thought - this is the Great Satan I've been hearing so much about?

I wouldn't vote for him, I'm sticking with UKIP, but I wish Corbyn well. At least he's giving the electorate a proper choice.

likewise.

he has some good points.FWIW stuff like energy and transport are too precious to leave fully open to global tender.

what i don't like is the wolfie-smith naivety that "the proles" working in these sectors have the right to hold everybody else in the country to ransom.

the solution is to DEcentralise as much as possible,so people have alternatives, and where public money is being spent it needs to be spent "in house",unless there is some absolutely astonishing savings/efficiency improvements to be made elsewhere.

as far as councils go, their vehicles should ALL be made in UK by UK manufacturers.

transport,we could, if rail were re-nationalised.

HOLA445

Now Corbyn is getting monstered for not turning up to the rugby. Apparently it's not 'patriotic'.

Seriously, WTF. The only way you'd ever get me attending something like that is jail threats or a lot of money, and believe me, when it comes to patriotism I'm pretty much into nationalist scoundrel territory so I can assure you the two do not correlate. I give the guy props for not being a sheep.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

They are entitled to their (reportedly anonymous) reported voice and their reported opinion but if Corbyn did win then might it mean tanks in Downing Street. Maybe they'll be making some movies about the possibility before the next general election - using different names of course. Would such a thing comply with eu rules - although the UK might have already exited the eu - or be in the process of exiting.