House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Northerner

Yorkshire - England's Home Of Sport

.... but make sure you vote, just to make sure!

http://englandhomeofsport.com/

"You nominated in your thousands, now VisitEngland has whittled it down to six shortlisted destinations all vying for the title England’s Home of Sport. Public vote will determine the winner. Vote here (link above) until 19 October. The winning destination will be announced on 23 October".

Obviously in Yorkshire's West Riding's most Southerm province, we are good at "cheese rolling", and "bobbing for rats". Also cider drinking, and the usual Harvest Festival Grand Piano Trebuchet, in which this year I shall be a pilot! :(

Given the fact Yorkshire hasn't even got a decent stadium never mind it's own National stadium rules it out. It was totally wrong to re-build Wembley in London. It should have been Birmingham. I hate seeing all that money from Manchester and the Rugby League north being spent in London. Haven't they got enough for ******'s sake.

No competition. Everything else is just bravado.

Yorkshire has very few stadia but a vast number of complexes.

Given the fact Yorkshire hasn't even got a decent stadium never mind it's own National stadium rules it out. It was totally wrong to re-build Wembley in London. It should have been Birmingham. I hate seeing all that money from Manchester and the Rugby League north being spent in London. Haven't they got enough for ******'s sake.

No competition. Everything else is just bravado.

Clearly you've not visited the KitKat crescent.

The 2014 Tour de France did a stage in Yorkshire,

I have the Official Yorkshire2014 cycling jersey it's black and dark grey with a dark grey English Rose embossed on the front.

I look like a pro cyclist when i wear it.

The 2014 Tour de France did a stage in Yorkshire,

I have the Official Yorkshire2014 cycling jersey it's black and dark grey with a dark grey English Rose embossed on the front.

I look like a pro cyclist when i wear it.

You have won my vote.

Yorkshire should win because of attitude - nothing to do with who has the best stadium ...

Woman jogger mocked by van driver's fat jibes appears on cover of running magazine

_85595761_cover.jpg

Lindsey Swift, from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, posted the open letter on Facebook, where it has been shared almost 2,500 times

.... "Recently I made the decision to get fit as I thought it would be a fun thing to do, and good for my health. Not that I have to justify my body to you, but I have a goal to run 10k, and I will get there. I'm a stone lighter than I was, and can do a whole host of things I couldn't do before. It baffles me that anyone would try to discourage that kind of effort. Excuse me if my assumptions about you are wrong, but I only have your actions to go by. If my fat **** running (quite slowly I might add, I was bloody shattered) offends you and spoils your journey, try driving with your eyes closed - into a lamp post".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-jogger-mocked-van-drivers-6460145

Yorkshire should win because of attitude - nothing to do with who has the best stadium ...

Woman jogger mocked by van driver's fat jibes appears on cover of running magazineLindsey Swift, from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, posted the open letter on Facebook, where it has been shared almost 2,500 times

.... "Recently I made the decision to get fit as I thought it would be a fun thing to do, and good for my health. Not that I have to justify my body to you, but I have a goal to run 10k, and I will get there. I'm a stone lighter than I was, and can do a whole host of things I couldn't do before. It baffles me that anyone would try to discourage that kind of effort. Excuse me if my assumptions about you are wrong, but I only have your actions to go by. If my fat **** running (quite slowly I might add, I was bloody shattered) offends you and spoils your journey, try driving with your eyes closed - into a lamp post".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-jogger-mocked-van-drivers-6460145

What a pity she is from the "wrong" Riding. I would buy a larger motorcycle, if I had a woman like that.

Maybe a bigger bed too, although she could always sleep in the coal bunker.

Seriously, she looks like a "sparky" girl, not bad eh? Nice face, and I don't think blokes shouting from vans have Olympian physiques either. :blink:

What a pity she is from the "wrong" Riding. I would buy a larger motorcycle, if I had a woman like that.

Maybe a bigger bed too, although she could always sleep in the coal bunker.

Seriously, she looks like a "sparky" girl, not bad eh? Nice face, and I don't think blokes shouting from vans have Olympian physiques either. :blink:

Good news: in terms of Ridings, Barnsley is in the West. Can't be doing with all of this modern 'South Yorkshire' rubbish.

Good news: in terms of Ridings, Barnsley is in the West. Can't be doing with all of this modern 'South Yorkshire' rubbish.

Let's get the old map out! Is is near Calcarium? My map is quite old, and does not have the Fosse Way on it.

Anyone tried comparing the population of Yorkshire to the population of Scotland? Could herald another referendum.

A Scottish wallet will open twice a year. A Yorkshire one will remain shut! :blink: