House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bovinedealer

Where Is The Human Race Going?

I sort of get the feeling we are not far off our own extinction. Nothing more than a hunch though.

Ultimately we are heading towards a time where the concept of humanity will be lost.

Humans will be more machine than organic matter - with implants, bionic limbs, memory chips, machine organs, transferable consciousness etc etc. Essentially immortal.

We are doomed, but then think of humanity in it's entirety...

....for the vast majority of human history, things have been horrific. It's only been advances in medicine over the last 100 years that have eased that off a bit.

I've often wondered at how cruel nature is. When you think about it, how the world actually works, suffering and disease and the food chain with animals having to eat other animals to survive and all that. If some designed all that, they were a total sadist. And then of course Steven Fry came out and said that and was hailed as a big intellectual, but I think it's the most obvious conclusion in the world.

....even at this point in time, most of humanity is suffering needlessly. There are those who are in famine stricken or war torn countries, living in squalor. But then in the so called 'developed' countries there are lots of 'lucky' people who spend their lives stressed in jobs they hate doing things that don't matter and going home to people they don't like. Lives of quiet desperation if you will.

Most humans throughout all of history, right up to the current day, have suffered. The source of suffering has just changed.

If you want to know what happens over the next 100 years, look at the more 'advanced' cities - what happens - the rich get richer and the working classes get poorer and poorer conditions which are sold to them with the lie that one day they might become one of 'the rich'.

Add to that the destruction of the family, and I think there really is a case for being quite selfish and taking the approach of not wasting money on cr*p you don't need to impress people, and living with the aim of being as free as possible i.e. less time in the aforementioned office jobs.

All the working class could pull together, buy a big plot of land, and use modern construction techniques to build energy efficient homes at cost that would last for generations, and instead of debt slavery for life to pay for both the essentials (shelter) and the non essentials (flashy cars/TV), we could truly be free.

But we won't do that. Thankfully todays opiate for the masses comes in the form of Facebook, and Twitter, and useless hashtags to pledge support to the current fashionable cause that you won't actually do anything to help, but you'll get that warm fuzzy feeling for supporting it, and a feeling of solidarity, of belonging, as you sit in your room in your HMO house that you share with 5 strangers.

Now shut up and check your Facebook. Look, there's a new picture of Kim Kardashian's ****. Don't think. Just look are the ****.

Look right into the ****.

Best case we last until shortly before the "Big Crunch".

Between now and then it would be nice to think we'd find a way to travel the galaxy a bit and have some funky spaceships. Maybe even some intergalactic warfare.

We'll probably be wiped out by an unexpected event in a few hundred years though having really changed very little.

Suffering is what makes us human. Without it there is no striving to survive and improve our condition.

But yes, it feels like the last days of Rome for the West. There's a reset coming, those of us that survive will experience a much simpler, more brutal existence.

....for the vast majority of human history, things have been horrific. It's only been advances in medicine over the last 100 years that have eased that off a bit.

I've often wondered at how cruel nature is. When you think about it, how the world actually works, suffering and disease and the food chain with animals having to eat other animals to survive and all that. If some designed all that, they were a total sadist. And then of course Steven Fry came out and said that and was hailed as a big intellectual, but I think it's the most obvious conclusion in the world.

....even at this point in time, most of humanity is suffering needlessly. There are those who are in famine stricken or war torn countries, living in squalor. But then in the so called 'developed' countries there are lots of 'lucky' people who spend their lives stressed in jobs they hate doing things that don't matter and going home to people they don't like. Lives of quiet desperation if you will.

Most humans throughout all of history, right up to the current day, have suffered. The source of suffering has just changed.

If you want to know what happens over the next 100 years, look at the more 'advanced' cities - what happens - the rich get richer and the working classes get poorer and poorer conditions which are sold to them with the lie that one day they might become one of 'the rich'.

Add to that the destruction of the family, and I think there really is a case for being quite selfish and taking the approach of not wasting money on cr*p you don't need to impress people, and living with the aim of being as free as possible i.e. less time in the aforementioned office jobs.

All the working class could pull together, buy a big plot of land, and use modern construction techniques to build energy efficient homes at cost that would last for generations, and instead of debt slavery for life to pay for both the essentials (shelter) and the non essentials (flashy cars/TV), we could truly be free.

But we won't do that. Thankfully todays opiate for the masses comes in the form of Facebook, and Twitter, and useless hashtags to pledge support to the current fashionable cause that you won't actually do anything to help, but you'll get that warm fuzzy feeling for supporting it, and a feeling of solidarity, of belonging, as you sit in your room in your HMO house that you share with 5 strangers.

Now shut up and check your Facebook. Look, there's a new picture of Kim Kardashian's ****. Don't think. Just look are the ****.

Good post. Presses 'like' button.

Suffering is what makes us human. Without it there is no striving to survive and improve our condition.

But yes, it feels like the last days of Rome for the West. There's a reset coming, those of us that survive will experience a much simpler, more brutal existence.

If that happens then bring it on.

All the working class could pull together, buy a big plot of land, and use modern construction techniques to build energy efficient homes at cost that would last for generations, and instead of debt slavery for life to pay for both the essentials (shelter) and the non essentials (flashy cars/TV), we could truly be free

Sounds awful, and I'm not being sarcastic there. The obsession with things like efficiency is a big part of the problem. It's probably necessary with the number of people around but that's one of the many reasons I hate the number of people around. I've not seen much "modern" and "efficient" that's not very closely tied to "miserable, soul-less, impersonal, characterless existence." Aims to push us in that direction get me down. I want the above collapse because it seems like the only thing capable of putting an end to that, without necessarily bringing all the bad stuff back.

Top post. As always

Absolutely.

From a personal perspective yes change happens and you've just got to embrace it. Obviously that depends on your circumstances and if this is possible, but I defy anyone not to improve their own conditions IF they have the will.

There is a saying and it seems to sum it up nicely:

When man looks into the abyss and sees nothing staring back at him, it's his character which stops him falling in to the abyss.

You mention a reset but really although one should be on the cards there are too many vested interests, but we will see..

I am in the boozer - how did you know ?

Where else would you be? :(:lol:

Snip

Snip

Snip

Go to the tropics and camp beneath a troop of howler monkeys. When you wake up they'll be howling at dawn, its magical. Of course, they're laughing at their evolved relatives.

From a personal perspective yes change happens and you've just got to embrace it. Obviously that depends on your circumstances and if this is possible, but I defy anyone not to improve their own conditions IF they have the will.

Not quite sure I see the relationship there, some changes should be resisted as hard as possible. Places under ISIS control have changed, should the people there embrace it?