House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Alwaleed Philanthropies Grants Housing, Car Projects To 332 Saudi Beneficiaries

http://www.arabnews.com/economy/news/805876

RIYADH: Alwaleed Philanthropies, chaired by Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, believes in helping to provide a better life for its citizens.
Community development is one of its main focus areas and as part of the 10,000 housing units and 10,000 cars to Saudi citizens program, the first and second groups of Saudi male and female beneficiaries have already received their housing units and cars.
Alwaleed Philanthropies aims to improve the living standards of citizens through various community development programs. One of its major initiatives is the housing and cars program to Saudi citizens who are eligible as per the criteria preset by Alwaleed Philanthropies. The housing program is a continuation of the prince’s commitment to provide 10,000 housing units for female and male Saudi beneficiaries.
Alwaleed Philanthropies aims to cover individuals who are not eligible to the housing program offered by the Ministry of Housing.
Affording a home is a major concern to most Saudi citizens nowadays. Rent is a big burden weighing on the family’s budget, especially since majority of the families are young.
According to the latest official population census of the Kingdom, youth constitutes the majority of the Saudi people.
The housing and cars initiatives aim to provide savings, whether on transportation or rent, to allow extra disposable income to these families.
Therefore, Alwaleed Philanthropies is continuing its housing initiative as part of the promise of providing 10,000 housing units for 10,000 Saudi families; that is, approximately 60,000 Saudi citizens since the average of each family in Saudi Arabia includes around six members.
This initiative will be ongoing for the next 10 years. Eligibility criteria are clearly defined on Alwaleed Philanthropies website.
Each year, Alwaleed Philanthropies distributes 1,000 units to beneficiaries who are not eligible to the aid provided the Ministry of Housing. The housing initiative has already distributed 1,240 units thus reaching 10,558 female and male Saudi citizens.
According to Alwaleed Philanthropies research findings, affording a home is a major concern to most Saudi citizens nowadays.
The housing and cars initiatives, aim to provide savings, whether on transportation or rent, to allow extra disposable income to these families. This disposable income will be used to improve their standards of living.

Anyone see this initiative coming to the UK a free house and car?

Anyone see this initiative coming to the UK a free house and car?

Come-on - who do you think has actually paid for this generous act...?

I thought women there, weren't allowed to drive cars ?

Reminds me of someone else in white robes, Bill Hicks - Elvis Impersonation.. .There you go...brand new Cadillac!

Bill came back out as Elvis, resplendent in his white jumpsuit, and sang 'Blue ... Outside in the parking lot, there's a brand new Cadillac for each and every one of you .

The sketch ends with Bill saying towards the end of his career, Elvis was reduced to giving away chevette cars. He finally got the bill from General Motors, and that was what killed him ! :lol:

Nice idea....there used to be philanthropy in this country in Victorian times eg Cadbury family building Bourneville but it was also rather paternalistic.

Pity some of the rich people around can't do their own version instead of spending it on "bling" for themselves or perhaps they don't see anyone else as "deserving".

They forget that without the labour and/or rents they receive they wouldn't have their riches to enjoy.

I thought women there, weren't allowed to drive cars ?

Reminds me of someone else in white robes, Bill Hicks - Elvis Impersonation.. .There you go...brand new Cadillac!

The sketch ends with Bill saying towards the end of his career, Elvis was reduced to giving away chevette cars. He finally got the bill from General Motors, and that was what killed him ! :lol:

I think you mean Chevrolet.

If someone gave me a Chevette, I'd kill them.