House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Uk Inflation Slips Back To Zero In August As Oil Weighs

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/09/15/uk-britain-inflation-idUKKCN0RF0V720150915

British annual inflation fell back to zero in August after oil prices recorded their biggest fall since the start of the year, ensuring price growth remained far slower than the Bank of England's target.

Consumer prices rose 0.2 percent on the month but were unchanged from a year earlier, the Office for National Statistics said, in line with economists' expectations for a slight fall in annual inflation from 0.1 percent.

A fall in petrol prices and a smaller seasonal increase in clothing prices than in 2014 were the main drivers for the slowdown in price growth, the ONS said.

Price pressures look set to remain low for the next few months, in line with BoE predictions that the inflation rate will stay close to zero after dipping into negative territory for the first time in half a century earlier this year.

If there was an oil price spike the stats will become interesting.

So no inflation it seems apart from house prices.

<irony> What have house prices got to do with inflation? .... house purchase prices are not in any of the inflation indices and even CPIH (mortgage cost related) seems to have gone AWOL.

Yeah, just thought i'd mention it here instead of starting a thread...can't be bothered with the desperate angry irritating stupid trolls jumping on it to tell us how we are all wrong.

Shhhhh. House prices are shooting up....like a heorin junkie.

The ONS data supports the theory that bubbles can be more persistent than many observers expect

The CPI data supports that any interest rate rise is less likely than some pundits might think

The ONS data supports the theory that bubbles can be more persistent than many observers expect

The CPI data supports that any interest rate rise is less likely than some pundits might think

That didn't take long.

The PimpleMan strikes again.

I can remember when sixpence would get you a pipe of tobacco, a pint of ale, a quick thrill down a dark alley with a rent boy or harlot of your choosing followed by a slap-up fish & chip supper with still change left over for a horseless carriage ride home.

I can remember when sixpence would get you a pipe of tobacco, a pint of ale, a quick thrill down a dark alley with a rent boy or harlot of your choosing followed by a slap-up fish & chip supper with still change left over for a horseless carriage ride home.

Was that when houses were affordable ?

Pete Jefferys @PeteJefferys 1h1 hour ago

Buy to Let lending up 33% on last year, compared to 7% for first time buyers. No wonder home ownership falling http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/11866207/Buy-to-let-boom-to-push-house-prices-up-as-landlords-take-advantage-of-low-rates.html

They think it's going to last forever !!!!!

What a load of tosh. I noticed the other day a snickers/mars bar is around 65p and up. I remember 10-15 years back they were 25!

....create your own deflation in more ways than one, refuse to buy unhealthy sugar fixes......clothes are also cheaper, surplus of cheap imported clothing, also loads of top quality so called 'designer' labels little worn bought on impulse clothing available......shop around. ;)

....create your own deflation in more ways than one, refuse to buy unhealthy sugar fixes......clothes are also cheaper, surplus of cheap imported clothing, also loads of top quality so called 'designer' labels little worn bought on impulse clothing available......shop around. ;)

Wetherspoon not favorited your Tweet
3h:
@wetherspoonuk 85p for a coffee including free refills. personal deflation has arrived. brilliant.

like all generalisations, both the ONS numbers and the CPI numbers are easy to prove wrong on any individual's circumstances

my petrol bill took a hell of drop when I switched from a V8 petrol to an electric car... that isn't deflationary in the grand scheme of things, but it is £120 a week in my bin not Shell's

The new generation need to start forcing the issues that they can see are affecting them and their future, just like the previous generations did.....now is their time, up to them......the ball is in their court. ;)

like all generalisations, both the ONS numbers and the CPI numbers are easy to prove wrong on any individual's circumstances

my petrol bill took a hell of drop when I switched from a V8 petrol to an electric car... that isn't deflationary in the grand scheme of things, but it is £120 a week in my bin not Shell's

Three words.....Lidl and Aldi

On the plus side for savers it's not been that difficult to beat 0% especially those that kept it simple in the building society.

At least a saver is in the black not the red, got something to draw on....0.5% interest rate if they play the game right is still growth to them. ;)

That is an extreme trade down. Would have thought a smaller engine or fuel efficient model would be the in-between stage first!

That is an extreme trade down. Would have thought a smaller engine or fuel efficient model would be the in-between stage first!

It is extreme indeed, but it isn't often that I miss the other car really. I will get another petrol 'toy' at some point, but for the normal day to day to driving that I do, the case for the little electric Renault Zoe on a cheap lease deal is very, very compelling: less than £40 a week for the car, insurance, maintenance, AA etc. and then just under 3p per mile in electricity.