House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DTMark

Funny Adverts

It's not very often that I come to love a TV advert. They're so rare.

I'm not talking about "good" adverts. For instance the Sky adverts with the cartoon characters and the "wee fee" are genuinely clever, really good marketing. As was the turnaround of Boots and Honda.

I mean ones that actually make you laugh. This one is especially memorable - the one with the bush baby and the pizza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DomyPJbtMfo

That's just genius: that burp at the end.. cracks me up every time. Your turn..

Had to fix a pipe yesterday which reminded me of one of the following ads - then I found the estate agent one as well and while 'd normally struggle to laugh at these parasites I do recall it making me chuckle then and now:

It's not very often that I come to love a TV advert. They're so rare.

I'm not talking about "good" adverts. For instance the Sky adverts with the cartoon characters and the "wee fee" are genuinely clever, really good marketing. As was the turnaround of Boots and Honda.

I mean ones that actually make you laugh. This one is especially memorable - the one with the bush baby and the pizza.

I don't watch much TV despite having Sky package and BT sports available. First time I've seen that ad; like it. :)

Two of my favs.

Michael Douglas 7 years ago

Fantastic advert! It would be great if the KFC staff were like this lol

Not a TV ad but I quite liked the teletext holiday ads, especially the waiter, captures the awkwardness superbly!

Those were all great. Does anyone remember the Blackcurrant Tango ad - it was so long I only ever saw it aired once, was incredible at the time, absolutely mental.

I'm assuming most people find the "Fanny" advert fairly amusing, but there are many other Irn Bru ads made in the last few years that are too risque for prime-time TV, and end up tucked away at 2 in-the-morning, or are only shown in cinemas.

My favourite two follow below, but there are plenty more for a good chuckle at on YouTube... :)

XYY

I'm assuming most people find the "Fanny" advert fairly amusing, but there are many other Irn Bru ads made in the last few years that are too risque for prime-time TV, and end up tucked away at 2 in-the-morning, or are only shown in cinemas.

XYY

I used to work in advertising but alas not cinema or TV advertising - I always toyed with pitching this one

Using the infamous footage in Last Tango in Paris

6c3a25d27666bfe49bfea57175cda2f1.jpg

but ending with a pack shot and a Brando impersonator voiceover at the end delivering the line

"I can't believe it's not butter"

ICINBlogo273x210_tcm28-297641.jpg