House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Carnage In Mecca: At Least 87 People Killed And 185 Injured After Giant Crane 'operated By Bin Laden Firm' Collapses On Grand Mosque

Carnage in Mecca: At least 87 people killed and 185 injured after giant crane 'operated by Bin Laden firm' collapses on Grand Mosque during freak lightning storm on anniversary of 9/11 attacks
article-3231117-2C32194400000578-470_964

Dramatic footage shows the moment the crane toppled in heavy rain, with another video capturing the chaos and confusion inside the building as people run for cover after the impact. Photos posted on social media shows the polished tiled floor of the mosque covered in rubble, bodies and pools of blood, and people fleeing the area bleeding and covered in soot. Another picture taken before the disaster shows the crane being struck by a bolt of lightning and authorities are in little doubt extreme weather was to blame. The tragic incident in Saudi Arabia occurred shortly before the 6:30pm Friday evening prayer session - one of the busiest times of the week - causing devastation to what is the largest mosque in the world. Hundreds of thousands of Muslims are gathering at the holy site from all over the world for the annual hajj pilgrimage set to begin later this month. A massive project is currently underway to increase the area of the mosque by 4.3million sq ft - so that it can accommodate up to 2.2 million people at once. The fatal crane is thought to belong to a German company operated by the Bin Laden family's consortium.

A tragic accident, although I suspect the conspiracy theories will be quick to follow.

So, following on from members of the Bin Laden family dying in mystery plane crashes, we now have this interestingly apt event.

Did anyone actually SEE the crane fall, or do the reports of explosive noises in the upper sections of the Mosque carry any weight? :P

So, following on from members of the Bin Laden family dying in mystery plane crashes, we now have this interestingly apt event.

Did anyone actually SEE the crane fall, or do the reports of explosive noises in the upper sections of the Mosque carry any weight? :P

I'm sure the lightning strike would have sounded explosive.

I kid you not but I know a Brit who works for that family and is in charge of cranes out there. I am now wondering if he's for the chop chop so to speak!

He probably warned them what could happen, but because mecca is the center of the universe and the most holy place for all time, it could never happen. If god allowed this to happen then why bother with it at all.... or something.

Obviously a tragedy for those families concerned. :( I do not share your gloating. Orfdinary people, like the rest of us! Not sure that God (if you are a believer) really wants the biggest mosque in the World. To me it has the look of idolatry and wiilly waving Saudi style. There are some tiny churches, and they work just as well.

Obviously a tragedy for those families concerned. :( I do not share your gloating. Orfdinary people, like the rest of us! Not sure that God (if you are a believer) really wants the biggest mosque in the World. To me it has the look of idolatry and wiilly waving Saudi style. There are some tiny churches, and they work just as well.

Sense of humour failure today Mr Pin I see.. Come on, group hugz

I kid you not but I know a Brit who works for that family and is in charge of cranes out there. I am now wondering if he's for the chop chop so to speak!

Assuming he isn't a Muslim he wouldn't have been anywhere near Mecca.

However there is an old expat saying that goes - 'behind every success there are lots of Saudi's, behind every failure there is always an expat to blame'.