House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fully Detached

Linked In Sexism Row - "lawyer Used It Like Tinder"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34206080/linkedin-sexism-row-charlotte-proudman-says-lawyer-used-site-like-tinder

In brief, fit female lawyer sends connect request to older male not-so-fit lawyer, and he responds saying "Charlotte, delighted to connect, I appreciate that this is probably horrendously politically incorrect but that is a stunning picture!!! You definitely win the prize for the best LinkedIn picture I have ever seen."

She then sends him a shirty response about his lack of professionalism, photographs it, and posts it all over social media.

The only thing I have to say about all this is that I would. Definitely. Several times.

I don't even find her that attractive. She's physically fit I suppose, which is an increasing rarity these days, but she takes away from that somewhat by being a first class bitch. Short little feminist haircut and smug look on her face. No thanks.

As earlier poster said, hopefully this gets round and does more damage to her than it does to him.

He's a white male partner with 25 years experience at a leading law firm with an established career and she's a 27 year old troublesome barrister at the beginning of her career. I think I know who's made the major gaff

Successful, educated barrister with a boyfriend that apparently is so awesome he gets headhunted by hedge-funds simply on the basis of his Linked-In profile, still manages to feel persecuted by hastily scrawled compliment. Pretty amazing really.

At least she's decent enough as to advertise very widely that she's a total fruit-loop liability to any future employer.

Not many are so honest!

I complemented a colleague on her photo, maybe not quite so gushing as in the OP, the colleague was very pleased.

I've complimented guys on photos. Hope they don't think I was hitting on them..

He's a white male partner with 25 years experience at a leading law firm with an established career and she's a 27 year old troublesome barrister at the beginning of her career. I think I know who's made the major gaff

Almost seems to me as if she deliberately used that photo as bait. I'm not so sure she made a gaff, so much as an entirely deliberate play for a bit of self publicity.

Ah the ability to take a compliment - a lost art. Most of the time it's people being nice. Noticing.

Ask yourself, particularly with Social Media, why do we choose a particular photo? To be noticed, to get a reaction.

The mad lawyer woman should try purdah to be on the safe side. The world would be poorer for it of course.

I was at the gym at lunch when this came on in the locker room on the tellybox. Some old boy shouted at the top of his lungs "Oh shuttup, just get yer tits out"

Couldn't stop letting out a chuckle.

Almost seems to me as if she deliberately used that photo as bait. I'm not so sure she made a gaff, so much as an entirely deliberate play for a bit of self publicity.

I understand the adage "there's no such thing as bad publicity" - but I really think people are going to be very wary of going near her - although perversely she may well get a front of house job at some bolshey organisation, you can see from her twitter account the circles she frequents, so it may well be a marketing ploy

conversely

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/law/article4553005.ece

silly mare :lol:

You do have to wonder, how did an experienced barrister think it was anything other than moronic to start a sentence "I appreciate that this is probably horrendously politically incorrect but..." to someone who describes herself as a "Barrister and feminist legal activist". It should be obvious that such people should be avoided like plague carriers.

I'll bet her hedge-fund jumping boyfriend is made up too only illustrative of a principle.

She comes across as a feminist-loony/bitch of the highest order. Absolutely hateful. Her complaints show she has an axe to grind and a probable hatred of men generally (or of any expression of male sexuality).

She also evidently has a deep, deep insecurity problem. Massive, in fact. So insecure it's a wonder she could get through any working day without taking offense at something or someone.

It has backfired on her, I'm afraid. Instructions may be harder to come by in the future.

She comes across as a feminist-loony/bitch of the highest order. Absolutely hateful. Her complaints show she has an axe to grind and a probable hatred of men generally (or of any expression of male sexuality).

It has backfired on her, I'm afraid. Instructions may be harder to come by in the future.

She could have a good career on Mumsnet though.

I was at the gym at lunch when this came on in the locker room on the tellybox. Some old boy shouted at the top of his lungs "Oh shuttup, just get yer tits out"

Yeah, sorry about that. I couldn't contain myself.

That's very old fashioned...

These days it's TOGTFO

Some more hilarious feminist/left-wing nonsense here:

Send aliens modern messages of Earth's equality and diversity, say scientists

“The plaque shows a man raising his hand in a very manly fashion while a woman stands behind him, appearing all meek and submissive,” she said. “We really need to rethink that with any messages we are sending out now. Attitudes have changed so much in just 40 years.”

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/sep/10/aliens-modern-messages-earths-equality-diversity-seti-yuri-milner

- Because obviously the aliens are going to care about this stuff? Right?