House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

If It's All Booming So Much....why All The Trolls ?

Now, I've been accused in the past of labelling some people as trolls.

Im sure some of those people with 100 posts that go from mega bear to buying a house in a short space of time despite this being the HOUSE PRICE CRASH website are genuine but all in all there are several trolls still floating about.

My question would be....Why ?

If the market is booming and going through the roof....why are they so bothered out our stupid, wrong, view.

They must be coining it in.

They must be rich from their wise property investments.

I find it odd.

Or are we troll free and the bulls amongst us are just here to try and help us see sense ?

Perhaps they think that diehard HPC'ers are the only potential candidates left for the greater fool who will bail them out of their overpriced purchases and are grooming the HPC faithful?

I think this site has come a long way from people moaning about houses, its the whole thing about how we in the West buy crap from china/brainwashed into buying "the latest" and debt is good,Ive learnt a lot on here and I read the book "rich dad poor dad" my outlook on life and money has changed.

I think most landlords are tossers --I work for them---I am one (a landlord possibly also a tosser!!),but strangley I feel at home here than on one of those landlord forums of tossers banging on about portfolios.

Ive been in the game for 25 years before it become fashionable,and worked 7 days a week at 3 jobs to make my business I hasten to add i was born in 1969 so have benefited from HPI,If I was 30ish now I would be very angry,the Govt has sold all youngsters down the river,they learnt after the last crash in 1989 how to manipulate the population and HPI

I think this site has come a long way from people moaning about houses

Yes. The best discussions on HpC now are those that involve an analysis of the entire financial situation that the world finds itself in.

Perhaps they think that diehard HPC'ers are the only potential candidates left for the greater fool who will bail them out of their overpriced purchases and are grooming the HPC faithful?

I dont think any of the HPC-ers are in the mood to buy a house now. The trolls were the GFs

Yes. The best discussions on HpC now are those that involve an analysis of the entire financial situation that the world finds itself in.

I'm hear now just to keep abrest of the next problem.

House prides right now are an irrelevance compared to protecting your earnings/savings/futures/family.

I really do believe there is a lot of bother to come...of which I want no part.

generally this is one of the most informed and open minded forums around

- even if one doesn't subscribe to the primary thesis on which it is founded, there is useful information to be had by reading and participating

- even though that primary thesis has yet to be proven to be correct and has, since the inception of the site really, been persistently and totally wrong

- even though that primary thesis has yet to be proven to be correct and has, since the inception of the site really, been persistently and totally wrong

homepage.png

You must have missed something:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Q.E.D.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

if you use wage inflation instead of CPI/RPI this graph would be much more crazy ...

I know...that's why there has to be another nominal crash and that's what the graph is turning and about to head south at a rate of knots.

Take away the chinese bubble money, the crazsy russian billionaires, take away the 99%-ers ability to afford to live in a city, take away the props and the sentiment and what you'll be left with is one massive collapse in London prices....swityly followed by the south of England.,

It's happened before...it's happening now ( IMHO ).

generally this is one of the most informed and open minded forums around

- even if one doesn't subscribe to the primary thesis on which it is founded, there is useful information to be had by reading and participating

Put it in full context. It's been correct, except £$€ Multi-Trillions in stimulus has overridden markets, bailed out vested interests and allowed continuation.

A time could come when HPC is proven right, and others doubled-down into it. Just like your 118er pals thrashing around right now.

Don't take too much delight in claiming us wrong like that without full context. Sounds a bit mean coming from a multi-property portfolio landlord.

And in that last line sums up my situation (30 ish). #RoyallyShafted

They think they have learned....the 2007 collapse showed they are not in control...they are merely riding the donkey till it's crippled.

Put it in full context. It's been correct, except £$€ Multi-Trillions in stimulus has overridden markets, bailed out vested interests and allowed continuation.

A time could come when HPC is proven right, and others doubled-down into it. Just like your 118er pals thrashing around right now.

Don't take too much delight in claiming us wrong like that without full context. Sounds a bit mean coming from a multi-property portfolio landlord.

Venger....we are not wrong....they know it, we know and that graph knows it.

That's why they come here.

I've not had one rational expanation to that graph from a troll despite many many many requests. We have all gotten a lot poorer since 2007, house prices will not rise off the back of that fact. The crazy London mega bubble was ( I hope ) a one off get out of jail free carcd for the (real) 1%-ers. Anyone with half a brain will be long gone by now.

The lunacy of the last 6 years has just made things much worse now for the 99%-ers and another collapse is inevitable.

I'd be frightened if I were a debt owner right now.

BTLers seem to think people being impovrished year in year out means rents can go up ad infinitum...really...are they thick ? My rent here is about the same as a smaller house was 12 years ago. BTL is a fools errand.

My only fear is for my children. I'm not sending them out to die for any banker **** thats for sure.

because interest rates are about 2 go negative? its simple the rise in price is due to the market pricing in the future negative rates cause nobody thinks that the new people (immigrants) are worth anything, they are valued far lower than "new" people from the past, like babies are worth more than middle aged refugees so we must move to negative rates to compensate for the lack of value for the future players being really low of value. the rise im house prices is in accord with the drop in interest untill the system resets due to the fact that the last few players will have nothing but large debts with no assests to compensate for the ponzi england has been running. this can be exampled by the fact all fiat currencies die cause they are all ponzi, also by uni debts helping prop up the system, we have about reached the point where the only way to steal wealth from people through currency is by taking away any future gains as they are nearly all gone, before we believed that through creating a great social empire (nhs, free schools etc.) we would encourage valuable people to join the system but this has long stopped since being taken over by a dictatorship the eu so now its ponzi crash time.

we are increasing the head count in england to reduce debt per head untill the export market can catch up but every time we do this it reduces the share of goods we can gain hence why less and less people can buy stuff. i personally cant see england incresing exports so the only other way it increses value is to reduce social benifits to pay of the debts from the past other wise the ponzi crashes, an example of this would be with flat people growth and flat interest rates what would happen? a side effect of this is that when the uk becomes a 3rd world country and no one enters the ponzi the last few players will have to pay off their debts due to an internation market selling the pound.

i said five years ago to people that the only way we can keep doing this is untill ethiopians get nothing for joining the system and now with syrian refugees on their way we are nearly their, so few people left to join without expantion or an increase of exports, an increse of debt to income ratio prices are at a peak

because interest rates are about 2 go negative? its simple the rise in price is due to the market pricing in the future negative rates cause nobody thinks that the new people (immigrants) are worth anything, they are valued far lower than "new" people from the past, like babies are worth more than middle aged refugees so we must move to negative rates to compensate for the lack of value for the future players being really low of value. the rise im house prices is in accord with the drop in interest untill the system resets due to the fact that the last few players will have nothing but large debts with no assests to compensate for the ponzi england has been running. this can be exampled by the fact all fiat currencies die cause they are all ponzi, also by uni debts helping prop up the system, we have about reached the point where the only way to steal wealth from people through currency is by taking away any future gains as they are nearly all gone, before we believed that through creating a great social empire (nhs, free schools etc.) we would encourage valuable people to join the system but this has long stopped since being taken over by a dictatorship the eu so now its ponzi crash time.

we are increasing the head count in england to reduce debt per head untill the export market can catch up but every time we do this it reduces the share of goods we can gain hence why less and less people can buy stuff. i personally cant see england incresing exports so the only other way it increses value is to reduce social benifits to pay of the debts from the past other wise the ponzi crashes, an example of this would be with flat people growth and flat interest rates what would happen? a side effect of this is that when the uk becomes a 3rd world country and no one enters the ponzi the last few players will have to pay off their debts due to an internation market selling the pound.

i said five years ago to people that the only way we can keep doing this is untill ethiopians get nothing for joining the system and now with syrian refugees on their way we are nearly their, so few people left to join without expantion or an increase of exports, an increse of debt to income ratio prices are at a peak

Comedy gold.

an example of carrying on would be inter-generational morgages if players accept the terms then house prices can hit the moon!

More comedy gold.

It looks more and more like a pyramid/Ponizi scam with each passing day.

Collapse is a mathematical certainty.

Whatever they do it still wouldnt get that graph above the 2007 poeak in real terms.

The point when sane rational educated people with money in the bank have decided to cash in and leave was reached some time ago.

Why do BTL piv scum expect anyone will fund their lifestyle instead of seeking a better life elsewhere is beyond me.

an example of carrying on would be inter-generational morgages if players accept the terms then house prices can hit the moon!

In Spain they have 35 year mortgages a friend got one at the age of 39 with her younger sister, the only good thing is that the interest rate is fixed for 20 years and it is cheaper than renting.

I am not sure will happen if one of them gets married and the husband and sister in law don't get on.

In Spain they have 35 year mortgages a friend got one at the age of 39 with her younger sister, the only good thing is that the interest rate is fixed for 20 years and it is cheaper than renting.

I am not sure will happen if one of them gets married and the husband and sister in law don't get on.

Was that before the crash ( when prices were mental ) or after the crash ( when prices were affordable ) ?

The primary thesis of this website (and correct me if I am wrong on this) is that house prices had increased by so much that a price crash was inevitable and imminent

That has not happened, quite the opposite in fact - apart from a small glitch late 07 to mid 09 - houses prices have remained at exceptionally high levels when compared to anything seen previously and, especially in some areas, have increased considerably to levels that, on some measures, are record highs.

Every time there has been a sign that the market was going to enter a sustained period of price declines, something has been done (with taxpayers money) to prevent that.

That is down to interference in the market by governments and central banks. Of that there is no question.

But it doesn't change the fact that the house price crash expected by most here has not happened. Yet.

I don't take any delight in that, it is simply a fact

It doesn't mean that a house price crash isn't going to happen, just that it hasn't.

Predicting when it might start is impossible. Predicting its magnitude is impossible. Predicting its duration is impossible.

Acting in the market as if it is not even a possibility is reckless. Staying out of the market in expectation that it is imminent is frustrating and a not inconsiderable, albeit calculated, risk.

None of that means that this forum is any less educated or educational than others.

The primary thesis of this website (and correct me if I am wrong on this) is that house prices IN 2004 had increased by so much that a price crash was inevitable and imminent

It was and has been ever since....SPOT ON.

But it doesn't change the fact that the house price crash expected by most here has not happened. Yet.

Errrr....yes it has

homepage.png

But because of the actions of a select bunch of MPs and bankers we now fully expect another ( large-ish ) nominal correction.

If your salary and savings kept with with 2007 in real terms ( i.e. Chinese people ) , the crash has been unstoppable and obvious. Sadly for us poor folls here the real world crash hasn't been obvious and due to 0 wage growth another leg down is imminent ( off the back of the london mega buubble collapse ).

I cannot be any clearer on this....We were right...We continue to be right...now, f**k off.

The primary thesis of this website (and correct me if I am wrong on this) is that house prices had increased by so much that a price crash was inevitable and imminent

That has not happened, quite the opposite in fact - apart from a small glitch late 07 to mid 09 - houses prices have remained at exceptionally high levels when compared to anything seen previously and, especially in some areas, have increased considerably to levels that, on some measures, are record highs.

Every time there has been a sign that the market was going to enter a sustained period of price declines, something has been done (with taxpayers money) to prevent that.

That is down to interference in the market by governments and central banks. Of that there is no question.

It doesn't mean that a house price crash isn't going to happen, just that it hasn't.

Predicting when it might start is impossible. Predicting its magnitude is impossible. Predicting its duration is impossible.

Acting in the market as if it is not even a possibility is reckless. Staying out of the market in expectation that it is imminent is frustrating and a not inconsiderable, albeit calculated, risk.

None of that means that this forum is any less educated or educational than others.

It's the difference between the housing market and house prices. The market crashed and died in 2007-8; ever since then it's been a zombie in a persistent vegetative state, with a false heartbeat where prices are sustained only by the pacemaker of low interest rates, and the occasional defibrullation shock by FLS, HTB etc etc.

If the market hasn't crashed, as you assert, then I'll believe it when I see it jump out of bed and do some star jumps when it's no longer plugged into all the life support.

I used to believe in HPC but a few years ago I had a rethink.

I think people on here are very good at describing the front end of the elephant but they need to walk around the back and have a look at the elephant from that angle.

A £200,000 house costs £10,000 a year to rent. Where else could I put £200,000 and get a 5% yield? Why would I sell?

South east is totally mad by the way don't buy anything unless it's got at least a 4% yield over rent.

That's a lot better, although someone else will have to confirm primary thesis. Not so sure anyone claimed 'imminent' when it comes to weighing up housing market - can be that it makes sense to stay out of the market, for years (eg from 2003/04 as I've been told site began - 2008), if a wider future HPC is expected (assessing value/interest rate on capital sum mortgage debt etc). Maybe more so in 2015... projecting to 2020 tax-relief changes on BTLers. Greg traded up when getting opportunity to in 2009/10 at something like a 2001-02 price.

And the site/forum has had to adapt to stimulus. It has got many things right, but been overwhelmed by stimulus. Those of us who claimed BTL would be a future target, are seeing some evidence of that now.

With house prices are they are, I will take that risk, even though the solutions for some (not you) are claims that buyers at ever higher peaks are innocent, and wanting to wipe out the renter savers, by writing off mortgage debt for recent buyers and BTLers. Yes it's not happened (HPC - from my perspective, and even got much worse HPI). Yet not entirely persistently and totally wrong in context of this market that has seen so much extreme intervention.

persistently and totally wrong