House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stillLooking

Yesterdays Homes & Property Supplement

Did anyone else read this and notice all the stuff about young FTBers using "bonus incentives" to buy awful new build flats, and it's the same cost as their rent, which they didn't realise, ... and you too could buy some awful new build in the middle of no where too... hmmm... with these great bonus incentives..... lots of photos of happy couples, etc etc

(I know it always has new builds ads in the back of the paper, but it's not usually full of quite so much of it...)

Did anyone else read this and notice all the stuff about young FTBers using "bonus incentives" to buy awful new build flats, and it's the same cost as their rent, which they didn't realise, ... and you too could buy some awful new build in the middle of no where too... hmmm... with these great bonus incentives..... lots of photos of happy couples, etc etc

(I know it always has new builds ads in the back of the paper, but it's not usually full of quite so much of it...)

Very few EA's advertise much in December so they've probably managed to persuade a few developers to take an extra page or two to fill it up.

They were still pushing the "move in for xmas" on the new builds too

I can just see the ad now....picture of a happy family, children opening presents, labrador running around excitedly, a roaring fire in the fireplace (except these s****y flats don't HAVE fireplaces), underneath is written:

"Enjoy an overpriced, undersized cardboard shoebox flat this Christmas.....and the exorbitant service charges in the New Year!"

I can just see the ad now....picture of a happy family, children opening presents, labrador running around excitedly, a roaring fire in the fireplace (except these s****y flats don't HAVE fireplaces), underneath is written:

Ah, imagine the joy of living below this wonderously happy family.... the pleasure of the constant sound of dog claws scratching and tapping on the cheap laminate flooring mere inches above your ceiling... the barking in the middle of the night, the dirty footprints in the communal corridor....

Pass me my wallet... I'm off to buy one NOW !