House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steppenpig

Annoying Ringtone

Driving me nuts. Just googled it and apparently it's Samsung and I'm amazed to see has been around since 2010, but it seems to be evrywhere these last few months. I thought everyone was developing an annoying chirpy whistle tic or something.

Driving me nuts. Just googled it and apparently it's Samsung and I'm amazed to see has been around since 2010, but it seems to be evrywhere these last few months. I thought everyone was developing an annoying chirpy whistle tic or something.

Audio clip or it is all in your head :)

The ringstone, on the tellingbone causes annoyance! :(

I can recall my days working in London when I'd commute by train. There was a ringtone doing the rounds with a Pakistani voice that repeatedly screamed "The telephone is ringing. Please pick up the telephone.."

This went off in the carriage and a man surrounded by Pakistani guys sheepishly reached into his pocket and silenced it. The piquancy of the atmosphere was sublime.

I can recall my days working in London when I'd commute by train. There was a ringtone doing the rounds with a Pakistani voice that repeatedly screamed "The telephone is ringing. Please pick up the telephone.."

This went off in the carriage and a man surrounded by Pakistani guys sheepishly reached into his pocket and silenced it. The piquancy of the atmosphere was sublime.

I like it.

You're on the train. A whistling noise comes from your pocket. You pull out a cockatiel and clap it to your ear. "Hello, I'm on the train!" you shout...

Get noticed in public, get a Jim'll Fix it ringtone.

I have to do this ^ :)

followed by the trademark chortle.

You want that each time you tap the screen so when you're dialling you can then speed up or slow down to exactly match Savile's cadence.

That's the one. It brings back some memories. I suspect people managed to hold their giggles in because it might have seemed (even more) insulting to the group of, I think, IT guys. But I'll bet that, like me, when they got off the train, they exploded with laughter.

My text noise is a really loud annoying but if it's in my pocket I can hear it.

My phone says the name of the person calling. Which is really useful.

.. unless it's someone you're close to, and to whom you have assigned, shall we say, an affectionate name or term of endearment, and it shouts that out..

.. unless it's someone you're close to, and to whom you have assigned, shall we say, an affectionate name or term of endearment, and it shouts that out..

No just proper names.

I did think about putting someone in as DWP Fraud department and standing close enough to some git to make sure he heard it when it rang.