House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Habeas Domus

Nicole Arbourvideo "dear Fat People"

Fat people. Come and be rendered into the "lard of life". You will feed us all! :blink:

I don't want to eat fat people really. I might end up fat!

A comedian who criticised overweight people has sparked a row over censorship on YouTube.

Nicole Arbour uploaded a video called Dear Fat People in which she derided people for being overweight.

She claimed she had been censored after her channel was suspended, while others accused her of deleting her own channel to gain sympathy.

But the BBC understands the channel was automatically suspended because a lot of people reported it to YouTube.

Ms Arbour's YouTube channel has since been restored.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34185158

Found the first video mildly amusing. Couldn't through more than 20 seconds of the second one as it was like she was talking a foreign language.

I'm totally cool with fat people, but obesity is probably not a good health choice. Who cares though? The problem for fat people is their particular addiction/self destructive element is visible where those of a recreational drug user/functional alcoholic/heavy smoker are easier to hide.

If you are fat, and happy - no worries.

Mildly entertaining.

The fatty response videos are much better. Whale tears!

I think the thing to bear in mind is that in the US, the whole fat acceptance thing is pretty big (fnar fnar) and that fat people are actually becoming something of a problem with stadiums being re-designed to bear more weight and airliner ranges being recalculated to take into account that around a third of the population is obese and another third overweight.

Its not good, and speaking as an overweight person myself, I do think the whole fat acceptance thing needs mocking.

It's easy to play the man and not the ball. In this case, the ball being the systematic industrialization of the food chain and the utter crap on sale as a result. All very well criticizing an individual's choices, but with a sample size of millions you will inevitably find those that fall foul. And of course, as the lady in the vid says, we all pay the price as she had to queue longer and has her travel made more uncomfortable. She ought to be taking Walmart to task for not having a fresh food section.

Double digit% of obese screams 'WTF is on sale?' to me.

I speak as someone who has recently lost about 20lb and counting through nothing more than eliminating a couple of these toxic garbage items from my diet, I am now under 160lb and maybe 10lb away from what might be considered an 'elite' athlete body composition. You can go running all you like but it will not shift weight unless you get the sh*te off the shelves and drop the traffic light stuff which reinforces the idea that you can eat crap in small quantities.

Thank you RdB nutrition!

It's easy to play the man and not the ball. In this case, the ball being the systematic industrialization of the food chain and the utter crap on sale as a result. All very well criticizing an individual's choices, but with a sample size of millions you will inevitably find those that fall foul. And of course, as the lady in the vid says, we all pay the price as she had to queue longer and has her travel made more uncomfortable. She ought to be taking Walmart to task for not having a fresh food section.

Double digit% of obese screams 'WTF is on sale?' to me.

I speak as someone who has recently lost about 20lb and counting through nothing more than eliminating a couple of these toxic garbage items from my diet, I am now under 160lb and maybe 10lb away from what might be considered an 'elite' athlete body composition. You can go running all you like but it will not shift weight unless you get the sh*te off the shelves and drop the traffic light stuff which reinforces the idea that you can eat crap in small quantities.

Thank you RdB nutrition!

You speak a lot of truth here - but it goes completely against the American libertarian ideal where basically you are completely responsible for your life situation. If your circumstances are non ideal then it's either down to not working/believing in yourself hard enough - with the possible added guilt of God hates you (if you are a religiously inclined). Hence the obvious approach is try to get yourself classed as some kind of beleaguered minority if you are fat or otherwise normalise it.

There is zero chance of improving the quality of food on offer in a significant way over there as even mandatory reductions of salt in burgers is seen as an attack on freedom of choice.

I'm pretty sure she was taking the piss out of Laci Green and her breed of "socially aware" morons. Videos characterised by infantile, self-righteous lessons for the unenlightened, all shot in exactly that style. This type of thing: