House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

F1 Borrows To Give Investors Money

Crapitalism fraud in action.

:lol::lol::lol:

I mean really, that sort of thing should not be allowed.

I've switched off F1, it's awful now IMHO,

The football makes me sick.

Nothing seems to be about the sport, it's all about the money men making a profit.

No ta.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I read that the Sky audience is tiny and that German audiences are in decline also.

See above post. I gave up on it a few years back. I woudl watch it when it was on the BBC and there was some decent racing. ow it's all a bit too....shiny for my liking.

a global tax regime that encourages debt (by allowing interest as a deduction) rather than equity investment...

it could have been set up by a banker couldn't it?

See above post. I gave up on it a few years back. I woudl watch it when it was on the BBC and there was some decent racing. ow it's all a bit too....shiny for my liking.

Apparently loads of the drivers pay for their racing seats?

I still enjoy watching F1 - but i totally concur about the shiny shiny way its going. Half the fun now (and sky do it well) is the endless talking nonsense and speculation before and after the event.

For proper racing the bike championships (all classes of motogp, world superbike and british superbike) have it well beat, because its still primarily about the blokes on them making a difference.

I still enjoy watching F1 - but i totally concur about the shiny shiny way its going. Half the fun now (and sky do it well) is the endless talking nonsense and speculation before and after the event.

For proper racing the bike championships (all classes of motogp, world superbike and british superbike) have it well beat, because its still primarily about the blokes on them making a difference.

So it's become WWE?

MotoGP? Gone the same way as F1. Read last week's news. Dorna (rights holder) are getting kicked in the googlies because they've pushed it all to pay-per-view. Audiences in UK, France and Italy (their main markets) have collapsed. And the GP teams aren't happy, as they've soon got to go with their begging bowls to sponsers for cash for next season. Why pay millions to sponser a sport which now has just a trickle of viewers..?

And WSB? Haven't seen a race in years since it went off mainstream TV for free. All pay-per-view now too, with an audience a fraction of the size it once had.

football was on in France during my break.

It had the same format as Uk footy. didnt need a translation for the endless, brainless commentary and speculation. you just knew it was nonsense, dull and stupid. as were the games I gather. endless games.

footy seems to be 365 days now. no need to look forward to it, its on all the time.

Guest eight

football was on in France during my break.

It had the same format as Uk footy. didnt need a translation for the endless, brainless commentary and speculation. you just knew it was nonsense, dull and stupid. as were the games I gather. endless games.

footy seems to be 365 days now. no need to look forward to it, its on all the time.

What would the Chinese bet on at 3am on a Thursday morning if there wasn't a Premier League match being played?

That the transfer window is now a televised "event" I find baffling. For all the logic involved they might as well have a pack of cards with players names on, another with team names and a third with random amounts of millions of pounds on - it would make as much sense. "Liam Lawrence to Bursaspor, eight million pounds." Would anybody notice the difference?

Sky and their pricing packages is what is killing sports off - in the short term sports get the Skyk money but in the longterm they lose audience.

Why should someone who is into F1 or motorbikes or whatever have to buy the basic TV package, the family package, the footie package, etc, etc, when, perhaps, the only thing they ever watch on TV is their particular sport?

I read that the Sky audience is tiny and that German audiences are in decline also.

Now that the cars sound absolutely crap, I'm not surprised.

Seriously, find a video of Formula one from 10 years ago. Listen to that glorious, glorious noise. A veritable symphony.

Now listen to the dirge that the cars of today produce. It's a joke. They sound like super-trucks or something.

Edited by Errol

It probably makes perfect sense for them. Blame the broken tax and interest rate regimes for handing out free money.

The lender is underpricing its own risk, but can afford it (unless and until the market changes) because it in turn can borrow at a rate no sane market would allow.

The economic woes of the late 70`s to mid 80`s seen a massive increase in the interest and investment in rallying it looks like this could be happening all over again

Just look at the manufacturer's running teams in rallying now compared to 5-6 years ago

Brother still follows F1.

A while ago he told be that they were thinking of spraying water on to the track to create greater interest.

I thought he was joking but apparently they actually considered this.

Simple solution, outlaw organisers from being allowed to sell TV rights.

MotoGP? Gone the same way as F1. Read last week's news. Dorna (rights holder) are getting kicked in the googlies because they've pushed it all to pay-per-view. Audiences in UK, France and Italy (their main markets) have collapsed. And the GP teams aren't happy, as they've soon got to go with their begging bowls to sponsers for cash for next season. Why pay millions to sponser a sport which now has just a trickle of viewers..?

And WSB? Haven't seen a race in years since it went off mainstream TV for free. All pay-per-view now too, with an audience a fraction of the size it once had.

I totally agree that the subs based services are decimating the audiences - Dorna seriously messed up, especially selling to BT rather than sky.

However, For me, as a nut - i prefer the pay tv versions immeasurably over free to air (and wsbk / bsb is on basic package eurosport, so its not really a big deal). I get to watch every race, with all the before and after. No way beeb or any fta channel can justify that for minority sports.

Its well worth the money *for me*. £30 pm extra to watch motorsport all saturday and sunday? Shut up and take my money. However, I'm a nut, and the destruction of the casual viewer isn't worth the sacrifice. They have shot themselves in the foot.

Edited by Frugal Git

Yes they do sound like lawnmowers but when I've watched them live they look bloody fast. And as an engineer I can sort of appreciate the hybrid power units, the fact that they have a third less fuel yet still go the distance. GP2 and GP3 cars sound louder though which is a shame.

It's a mistake, I think, for Formula One to have anything to do with efficiency or hybrid power. Formula One should be about powerful, loud/shouty, high-reving engines. Forget about efficiency! Think of the spectacle.

Edited by Errol