House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNACR

Sounds Like Hmrc Comes Across Quite A Few Injins These Days

Cames across this whilst randomly surfing various forums.

Helpfully it seems HMRC publishes a whole load of its staff training manuals online and looks like Injin type responses get you referred to a higher authority.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/Manuals/dmbmanual/DMBM512750.htm

I love the warning to field staff to be alert for this in face to face meetings and also about not divulging any information about internal contact points, presumably, to keep the green ink letters at bay.

Green ink letters?

You've got to laugh really they think they own us, but it's quite obvious we are ruled only by consent. If we were all obtuse in our everyday dealings with the government it would grind to a halt. No laws broken.

Helpfully it seems HMRC publishes a whole load of its staff training manuals online and looks like Injin type responses get you referred to a higher authority.

I love the warning to field staff to be alert for this in face to face meetings and also about not divulging any information about internal contact points, presumably, to keep the green ink letters at bay.

What, no reference to sovereign men naming themselves in capital letters, or references to Maritime Law?

What, no reference to sovereign men naming themselves in capital letters, or references to Maritime Law?

Talks about postcodes in brackets. Surprised that they give them the credibility of referring to them as 'issues' and the advice is not to just proceed with debt recovery as normal.

Also why do field staff, presumably debt collectors, need to be wary of them? Are they dangerous?

• debtor asks for confirmation that none of their previous payments have been spent in connection with the occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq

That would take some time to look into, sir. We'll keep you posted.

• debtor asks for confirmation that none of their previous payments have been spent in connection with the occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq

That would take some time to look into, sir. We'll keep you posted.

Interesting they don't just say war in Afghanistan and Iraq and almost seem to have to stop themselves saying illegal occupation.

They are getting rid of the annual return soon anyway. It's the new strategy that is being unveiled. I was at a conference recently where they explained that to save "customers" from bureaucracy they want access to all individual and company financial records so they can just present a bill without any forms being filed. Presumably you then try to appeal if you hope to retain enough to live on, but they didn't go into that.

They are getting rid of the annual return soon anyway. It's the new strategy that is being unveiled. I was at a conference recently where they explained that to save "customers" from bureaucracy they want access to all individual and company financial records so they can just present a bill without any forms being filed. Presumably you then try to appeal if you hope to retain enough to live on, but they didn't go into that.

It makes sense.

And then they can do away with tax credit forms too as all your income data is with them anyway,

I wonder when Injin will be given back his computer? Do you suppose his mother has let him get off the naughty step by now?

I quite miss Injin - his was always a refreshing world view - and he was, if nothing else, consistent in his argument

he'd have some posters in fits

Presumably there is some obscure piece of legislation that states the government may not spend taxes on illegal activities.

And if there isn't, there should be. Oh and make those responsible for making the decisions re said illegal activities responsible for paying the costs.

Yes I wondered that, or possibly it's something to do with exemption from funding military activity on grounds of conscience, religious belief etc. I think some people during WW1 refused to pay tax for that reason.

I'm interested in the bit about not using a title, but just 'John, of the Smith family.' Is this something to do with Freemen, and rejecting a title and surname as being a construct of the state (because under common law, I think, nobody has a fixed name and can change it as they wish). Edit: yes it's part of the Freemen movement, people who refuse to consent to or be tried by anything other than common law.

Where's Injin when we need him! Probably at Calais trying to convince a French border guard that nation states are a fictional construct.

Where's Injin when we need him! Probably at Calais trying to convince a French border guard that nation states are a fictional construct.

Or maybe in Syria working as a surrogate goat.

Most of the arguments used to stall payments have been around in one form or another since the days I worked out in the field as a Collector of Taxes in the 1980s. What has changed is the extraordinary effort HMRC now puts in trying to prevent the public contacting its office directly. Fortunately, as we know that Fujitsu run most of the Revenues hardware it is not hard to find out where your tax records ultimately lie

http://www.fujitsu.com/uk/services/infrastructure/data-centre-services/site-profiles/