House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giraffe

Humanitarian Crisis

Poor old Germany with their Nazi guilt complex taking in all those Syrians with no end in sight (they do know there are 11 million displaced Syrians don't they?). Rising unemployment and a massive wave of migrants at the same time spells trouble for Deutschland.

Poor old Germany with their Nazi gilt complex taking in all those Syrians with no end in sight (they do know there are 11 million displaced Syrians don't they?). Rising unemployment and a massive wave of migrants at the same time spells trouble for Deutschland.

nonsense! Its the EU dont'cha know...freedom of movement...no such thing as unemployment, just people not motivated enough to move. Just as the Greeks avoided unemployment by moving to germany, so the germans can avoid unemployment by moving to....errrr...Brussels? Jobs for all as EU paper pushers, make-work scheme extrordinaire...

Poor old Germany with their Nazi guilt complex taking in all those Syrians with no end in sight (they do know there are 11 million displaced Syrians don't they?). Rising unemployment and a massive wave of migrants at the same time spells trouble for Deutschland.

Trouble for all of us...just as the wheels really come off the world economy.

mmm...almost like its planned.

Trouble for all of us...just as the wheels really come off the world economy.

mmm...almost like its planned.

That picture of the little boy who drowned really does make me think. Who finds a little boy washed up on the shore face down and takes pictures, before checking to see if they are alive? No possible explanation for that picture sits right with me.

I am not sure if I am far too cynical of the media and politicians, or they are just playing everyone for fools.

edit: Also that woman and baby jumping on the train tracks that the BBC keeps showing just seems completely staged.

That picture of the little boy who drowned really does make me think. Who finds a little boy washed up on the shore face down and takes pictures, before checking to see if they are alive? No possible explanation for that picture sits right with me.

I am not sure if I am far too cynical of the media and politicians, or they are just playing everyone for fools.

edit: Also that woman and baby jumping on the train tracks that the BBC keeps showing just seems completely staged.

How can you tell that from a picture?

Little bit sick of you...... I have friends (real ones not imaginary) who are working on the cruise ship which recently launched its tenders to rescue immigrants from the sea where the overloaded boat ran out of power and issued a Mayday (international maritime law stipulates the nearest vessel must help) they were not in bad shape but there were hungry children onboard.

I have personally seen the migrant camps around some of the southern Italian ports, bad conditions and desperate looking people.

This is a real life event....... and yes the BBC videos are real,

Maybe your fantasy conspiracy world allows you to dismiss that a young boy has just drowned in tragic circumstances, but the world needs to act upon this.

This is not Problem Reaction Solution...... and thinking that way is not healthy, or respectful to those affected

How can you tell that from a picture?

How can I tell that they did not check to see if he was alive?

Who finds a child face down in the sea picks him up to check if he is alive the puts him back face down in the sea to take a picture?

Little bit sick of you...... I have friends (real ones not imaginary) who are working on the cruise ship which recently launched its tenders to rescue immigrants from the sea where the overloaded boat ran out of power and issued a Mayday (international maritime law stipulates the nearest vessel must help) they were not in bad shape but there were hungry children onboard.

I have personally seen the migrant camps around some of the southern Italian ports, bad conditions and desperate looking people.

This is a real life event....... and yes the BBC videos are real,

Maybe your fantasy conspiracy world allows you to dismiss that a young boy has just drowned in tragic circumstances, but the world needs to act upon this.

This is not Problem Reaction Solution...... and thinking that way is not healthy, or respectful to those affected

The world needs to act upon this? This humanitarian disaster has been directly caused by mainly the US and UK going round the world trying to topple governments they don't like. Maybe if they acted a bit less we would not have all of these problems.

EH????

Very strange words.... How have you have any problems?? what are all the problems you personally are experiencing

I guarantee the problems being faced by the refugees are real problems, you are happy to pin it on the US/UK govenments but the problem lies far deeper than that I think the problems lies with a massively uneducated swathes of certain populations,

I do not discount the possibility of further war by Europe and America and guess what it will be for the right reasons...because right now Genocide is happening.

This is an honest question.... Do you actually know the full story behind what is happening in Syria??

a young boy has just drowned in tragic circumstances ... the world needs to act upon this.

Why? Young children die by the thousand daily in equally bad circumstances. Often worse (e.g. being deliberately murdered).

It's not our job to give every poor/starving/deprived person in the world food/shelter or, indeed, anything at all.

The only thing we should do is send all these immigrants back to where they came from, and put border guards at our ports/the tunnel to prevent ANYONE from getting in.

This humanitarian disaster has been directly caused by mainly the US and UK going round the world trying to topple governments they don't like. Maybe if they acted a bit less we would not have all of these problems.

Spot on.

The UK and America plus its slaves in Europe are now reaping the results of their trouble making in places like Libya and Syria

In the case of Syria, they deliberately fomented rebellion by supporting the rebels and sending arms/money through Qatar etc). In the case of Libya, they pursued much the same policy, then obtained a UN resolution for a 'no fly zone' - which they then grotesquely abused by bombing all manner of targets on the ground. Apparently Gaddafi had flying tanks, or something.

After the debacle of the 'no fly zone', both Russia and China (who abstained, thereby permitting the action) swore never to give America any kind of similar resolution again. Hence the repeated veto in the security council on Syria etc.

Of course. None of it is real.

Good luck with that point of view.

The problems I experience are my government overly taxing me whilst not acting in my interests.

Yes this does not seem like much to the problems that somebody in Syria is going through but I don't want to save the world. I just want to look after my own family and live in a safe society.

Of course. None of it is real.

Good luck with that point of view.

I am not suggesting that the whole crisis is fabricated, what I am suggesting is that the state and media may be using propaganda to sway public opinion.

Of course I may be wrong as nothing like this has happened before.

The problems I experience are my government overly taxing me whilst not acting in my interests.

Yes this does not seem like much to the problems that somebody in Syria is going through but I don't want to save the world. I just want to look after my own family and live in a safe society.

Well that is a first world problem I guess, one I agree with however, I also only want to provide for my family and hope they inherit a safe environment to grow up within, i think I just took offence about the photos of the boy and wheter or not was real. I had a few tears when I watched the video as I know its a real story with lots of real emotions for all sides involved

I am not suggesting that the whole crisis is fabricated, what I am suggesting is that the state and media may be using propaganda to sway public opinion.

Of course I may be wrong as nothing like this has happened before.

Of course you may.

Ok, propaganda does exist, but what you seem to be suggesting is that when surrounded by tragady 'the media' engineer those two particular 'false tragedies' for some kind of photo opportunity?

I'm sorry mate but you've lost me.

Edited for clarity.

'the media' engineer those two particular 'false tragedies' for some kind of photo opportunity?

Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

Ok. You two can carry on debating the legitimacy of the dead boy on the beach and the traumatic family at the train station if you think it is helpful to anyone at all.

Bye.

Why? Young children die by the thousand daily in equally bad circumstances. Often worse (e.g. being deliberately murdered).

It's not our job to give every poor/starving/deprived person in the world food/shelter or, indeed, anything at all.

The only thing we should do is send all these immigrants back to where they came from, and put border guards at our ports/the tunnel to prevent ANYONE from getting in

I think you are the lowest of the low..... I have 2 children, im pretty sure you dont have any.... we have a duty to help any child in the world. Children have an internationally bill of human rights also, recognized by most countries..

I think you have a really unhealthy view of how the world should be.

If lets say Iceland decided that it would prevent the migration routes of whales or dolphins there would be international outcry, the world would rally together against iceland and demand action would be taken... i dare say that there would be protests up and down UK highstreets for the rights of wales and dolphins...

Its sad that its more politically acceptable to campaign for the wales rather than the refugees......

Have a real think for a minute

we have a duty to help any child in the world

No, we don't. That is arrant nonsense.

If there is money or resources available they should be used to help the homeless/poor or the needy old people in THIS country.

As it is the nation is hopelessly in debt and the most densely populated in Europe.

We don't owe these people anything. I personally wouldn't donate a penny. If I have money it goes to domestic poor/needy people (of which there are plenty).

Emotional attachment to a problem can be helpful in persuading governments to act, but the situation here is very complicated. You have different groups migrating for different reasons, and it really is a bad time to be a migrant, not that many of them have a choice of course. But it seems that a symptom of open door policies that allow too many migrants through in the first place and for the wrong reasons, is that when there is a real crisis such as war, there's a lack of political will to help them.