House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bovinedealer

Are You A K Or A R Selected Person?

I recently came across this theory of K & R Selected people and wonder what others think about it?

I am a K in many ways but an R in others.

I guess in humans, men would favour r strategies and women K because of the physical pressures/limits.

I guess in humans, men would favour r strategies and women K because of the physical pressures/limits.

In humans it shouldn't make a difference.. We have broadly excluded ourselves from natural selection for the time being.

Stroustrup :P

[i'd've posted what you did, if you hadn't got there first]

Now you are swearing. :unsure:

Kernighan and Ritchie? :blink:

I could never tell them apart, both big sweaty guys with beards AFAIKS. Although if you are talking C, Kernighan is the Art Garfunkle of the team.

I first came across this theory from this chap, he takes the theory in to other areas of life in quite interesting ways (or to me at least anyway):

I thought that of you, that's a positive in my book.

Thank you. I think so as well - just worrying now that K is a different term for narcissist. :lol:

Actually, the Welsh population do comes across as rs.... Thank goodness for my dad's Polish genes. If there is any credence to this K and r theory then it would help explain a lot about my place in the scheme of things within Wales amongst the Welsh.

Yeah man, Lazy post. how about a brief synopisis? Molyneux is one of the biggest windbags on the internet.

I find the content of what he says quite good, but struggle to stick with it because he has the most irritating voice.

Adaptation and selection are irrelevant, genetic mutation is what drives evolution.

That certainly explains why families of in-breds managed to dominate the social elite through so much of human history

I will never have children nor do I have any kind of inbuilt desire to reproduce.

I'm in perhaps the 2% that fall into the "neither" category.

Yeah man, Lazy post. how about a brief synopisis? Molyneux is one of the biggest windbags on the internet.

There's a place for him on HPC, then?