House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turned Out Nice Again

Disappointing Live Music Performances (*cough* Shreds)

I fell asleep to Eric Clapton once. Somewhere in London.

I'm in ******ing stitches here :D

I would be very disappointed if I had paid to see that. :(

I would be very disappointed if I had paid to see that. :(

I think it might be dubbed over, no audiences were harmed in the making of, etc. :D

I think it might be dubbed over, no audiences were harmed in the making of, etc. :D

I can't believe they would be so dud, but it is funny.

That Celine ones not real ?!!? Her voice and the band can't both be that bad. Tell me so - please. This is dubbed over stuff ?

Oh NO! it's the final condom.

Miss pink guitar needs a few lessons!

I love the 'Maneater' shred. The thunking the mic stand, the bad saxophone and the tinkling piano! :lol:

You sod.

I almost soiled myself.

:blink:

Do disappointing live gigs count? One memorable one I attended was a group called Bark Psychosis in Manchester in the 90s. I had the mistaken impression that they were a psychedelic band..They ambled on, didn't say a word, and were randomly twanging away for twenty minutes. We assumed they were tuning up..then they left the stage. That was the gig. And the support band didn't turn up!

Here & Now in Ashton-under-Lyne..they used to be a high-energy crusty/punk hippy festival band. They'd morphed into dull synthesiser noodling by the time I saw them live.

Doctor and the Medics at Guilfest..really dire.

An eventually-disappointing one was Hawkwind in Manchester in 1977. The manic-depressive Bob Calvert on vocals, who took offence at a security guard who kept trying to stop a female fan from climbing on stage. Bob eventually stopped singing and repeatedly smashed the guard over the head with his microphone stand. The roadies rushed on stage and dragged Bob off, and the gig ended.

At the other end of the spectrum was Arthur Brown, who turned up in Ashton-under-Lyne, but none of his band arrived. He rustled up a musician mate locally, who joined him on stage, and he carried on with the concert. We all got a part refund afterwards!