House Price Crash Forum

Auschwitz Outrage

geezer466

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3217786/Jewish-visitors-Auschwitz-shocked-bosses-showers-like-gas-chambers-entrance-help-cope-hot-weather.html

Jewish visitors to the Auschwitz concentration camp have spoken of their shock after showers were put up at the entrance to help them cope with the hot weather.

With temperatures in Poland soaring up to 37 degrees, the showers which spray a fine mist of water, greeted visitors at the former death camp.

However, the move has resulted in angry complaints led by a group of Israeli visitors, after comparisons were drawn to the showers used in gas chambers by the Nazis to kill millions of Jews.

Ooooh fire up the outrage bus..........

2BD8D81700000578-3217786-image-m-63_1441

Meyer Bolka, who was visiting the museum told local media that seeing the showers was like a 'punch in the gut'.

He explained: 'As soon as I got off the bus, I walked into the shower contraption. I was in shock

Not as much as the original visitors were, I'll wager.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I can see their point, it is a bit crass.

If temporary showers in hot weather are such a good idea, are they put up in other tourists sites? I doubt it, and I've never seen them. So perhaps there's something a little strange going on here, a bad taste joke.

Do they sell them in the gift shop?

I've occasionally seen them in the outside areas of bars in Spain - and very pleasant they are too

HOLA4413

If temporary showers in hot weather are such a good idea, are they put up in other tourists sites? I doubt it, and I've never seen them. So perhaps there's something a little strange going on here, a bad taste joke.

Water spraying equipment is quite common at theme parks etc..

HOLA4414

These water vapour showers are great, especially in humid place so, like Singapore. Also seen them in Spain.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Funnily enough I was at Auschwitz and Auschwitz Birkenau on Saturday. They had the sprays running then, but they are outside the entrance near the cafe and shop. Only reason I didn't go near them was I had the camera over my shoulder. Daughter (12) was under them though cooling off. Not a shower exactly by a ultra fine water mist. Never went through my head the gas chamber connection. :wacko:

We like being in Krakow by the way - Auschwitz was not the primary reason for us to be in Poland.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Archived