House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Eddie_George

The Thought Of Buying Another Btl Makes Me Physically Sick!

The best way I can describe my feelings is by saying I feel like I’m at the point where I can’t be arsed to willingly add stress to my life. I know that if I buy a property tomorrow, greater opportunity and reason for stress will enter my life the very same day.

As said, this might be a petulant little phase, we all go through them, but I’ve been feeling like this for a while now. I’m more interested by other opportunities that doesn’t come loaded with so many potential pitfalls. The thing with being a landlord is that a lot can go wrong, and when it does it’s usually 1) excruciatingly expensive to resolve 2) caused by some other idiot, which makes it that much more frustrating 3) out of the landlord’s control and the dynamics of resolving the problem becomes all about waiting. That’s literally a nightmare for someone as impatient, impulsive and particular as myself. I like to be in control, but in reality landlords have very little control of their business.

I don’t really have much of a point beyond the blubbering and futile whimpering, but I do want to quickly make a list of things that is instinctively scaring me away from wanting to invest in more BTL’s right now. Perhaps you might be able to relate to some of my thoughts if you’ve ever been wedged in a similar uninspired position…

http://www.propertyinvestmentproject.co.uk/blog/the-thought-of-buying-another-btl-makes-me-physically-sick/

Edited by Eddie_George

Is this Mark's best man? This guy has issues that medicine cannot solve.

Silly landlord. Of course earning an income is hard work and high maintenance. Those two things - hard work and maintenance - are exactly what the rest of the country has to do, to go out everyday and add value to society. To whine and complain to expect others to traipse up to his majesty to present his ego an investment worthy of his attention - while offering nothing unique or creative in return: the peak of lazy self-importance. The stench of entitlement. Seems to expect everyone else to provide him a living and has the audacity to complain about Egypt. An grotesque and ugly personality. But I should not be surprised.

There's no way they can pass on a 30% increase in rents. You might as well buy, and cut out the scum sucking BTL parasite into the bargain.

What planet do these people live on? The planet "Imso******ingdumIcantbeliveihavetogotowork" ?

There's no way they can pass on a 30% increase in rents. You might as well buy, and cut out the scum sucking BTL parasite into the bargain.

What planet do these people live on? The planet "Imso******ingdumIcantbeliveihavetogotowork" ?

Agree. My brother rents in Sth London. Hasn't had rent increase in 4 yrs. Similar flat in his block now rents for £100-150 pcm more than his.

But the retired LL won't up the rent. Why ? They know that he'll leave and then they risk have 1-2 months void minimum. Totally wiping out any preceived gain in the rent increase. They also risk that their next tenant will be problematic, stay only a short period, be a bad payer, etc.

I think the majority of LL's will be in the same situation.

30% rises....hahahahahahaha.. :lol:

Edited by Agentimmo

Agree. My brother rents in Sth London. Hasn't had rent increase in 4 yrs. Similar flat in his block now rents for £100-150 pcm more than his.

But the retired LL won't up the rent. Why ? They know that he'll leave and then they risk have 1-2 months void minimum. Totally wiping out any preceived gain in the rent increase. They also risk that their next tenant will be problematic, stay only a short period, be a bad payer, etc.

I think the majority of LL's will be in the same situation.

30% rises....hahahahahahaha.. :lol:

Bit that is fairly standard for landlords not to increase rent when they have a good tenant. Interest rates have not risen so he is making at least as much add he was 4 years ago. When your brother leaves, the tents will go up to market levels.

Bit that is fairly standard for landlords not to increase rent when they have a good tenant. Interest rates have not risen so he is making at least as much add he was 4 years ago. When your brother leaves, the tents will go up to market levels.

Yeah of course, if a similar flat in the same block now rents for 150 pcm more, you can bet his flat will be rented for that to the next tenant, all else being equal.