House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNACR

Gloucester Services

Anyone stopped?

Never looks viable to me long term.

Not sure I particularly prefer it over a regular services with an M&S.

I have, but only once. Pass it twice a week, but it's in the wrong place really for me to stop, journey time wise. Pity, as it's impressive. Its like the Tebay one in Cumbria. Not sure how long that ones been there, but I've used it a few times.

I pretty much never use motorway services but I've popped into the Gloucester ones a few times. The stuff they do in there is really nice but correspondingly expensive. The thing is though, motorway services are always expensive so to get something of great quality is novel and good in my opinion. I love the eco design of the buildings too.

Is this the one that the Tebay services people have taken over? Lucky Gloucester if so.

Apparently yes, according to Wikipedia anyway.

Is this the one on the M5 just before/after the turn-off for Monmouthshire?

Yes (if you go to Monmouthshire by skirting around the top of Gloucester)

They have one on both sides of the M5 now.

Is this the one on the M5 just before/after the turn-off for Monmouthshire?

Think that would be Strensham, about junction 8. Gloucester services are further south around junction 12-13 I think. The South bound one only opened this year.

I popped in looking for some Pepperami and Lilt the other week.

Regretttably they only had Glos. Old Spot pork pies (from Mr.Holder's farm nonetheless) with a cowslurry coulis - at £16.50 each. And some ratshit consomme.

Our survey said, Uh, huh.

Think that would be Strensham, about junction 8. Gloucester services are further south around junction 12-13 I think. The South bound one only opened this year.

Ah, right - that is the one I am thinking of. Junction 8.

Tebay does lamb and black pudding pies which are gorgeous, and the sausage and bacon rolls are as good as you will get anywhere.

Tebay does lamb and black pudding pies which are gorgeous, and the sausage and bacon rolls are as good as you will get anywhere.

Service station selling good food - surely not? Do you need a mortgage for the food?

Service station selling good food - surely not? Do you need a mortgage for the food?

Bacon butties were about £3.50 a couple of weeks ago I think.

One time I had a great beef and Stilton pannini from the 'takeaway' at Tebay but otherwise I've not really been impressed by the food there or in the restaurant.

I've found the shop good but expensive.