Steppenpig

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Aldi bloomer (99p)

Fits my toaster.

To eat untoasted. I actually haven't bought much sliced bread for the last decade, but I tried a couple of brands recently, and they're unpleasantly doughy in the mouth. Is there something like what M&S or Pret use for their sandwiches?

HOLA446

Well, I do prefer my bread sliced, generally speaking.

The bread is my own - flour (75p for 1.5Kg from ASDA - perfectly OK, there's no need to pay more), some yeast, butter, salt and water.

HOLA447
HOLA448

We get the small Sainsbury organic wholemeal loaf from the in-store bakery.

Not usually sliced though, we do that ourselves.

For off the shelf sliced bread, usually one of those loaves with seeds in.. but no specific brand preference.

Normally only get that for freezing though.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

No, it was square pigs.

Actually, I almost started a thread on this a few weels ago - not square pigs but the greatest human invention. I was doing a bit of a read and it is interesting that many scientists consider that the humble sewing needle is the greatest human invention.

The needle allowed people to stitch together tighter fitting clothes which made it easier for people to stay warm, to work generally and to then explore the more extreme parts of the planet where either their skin would burn or where it would be simply too cold. Also became able to close wounds.

It is fascinating just how long ago the sewing needle was invented as well - much longer ago than most people would think. Yet today we take it for granted.

HOLA4416

To eat untoasted. I actually haven't bought much sliced bread for the last decade, but I tried a couple of brands recently, and they're unpleasantly doughy in the mouth. Is there something like what M&S or Pret use for their sandwiches?

M&S use their own loaves in their sarnies so you can buy any of their breads in the shops. Have a look on the sarnie carton for what bread is in the sarnie and then go buy the loaf.

Their standard wheatgerm loaf is their main sarnie loaf. But they also have a wheatgerm & rye loaf which has a nice fibre content - which makes very good toast or sarnies - and then loads of others.

HOLA4417

Cheapo white bread(get it in discount bin) is a pretty good roach fishing bait. Floating the crusts on the surface in summer is a good carp bait.

As for eating it I found it would glue my mouth together in a dough mess followed by upser stomach. Toasted ok but good enough fo bait.

HOLA4418

Cheapo white bread(get it in discount bin) is a pretty good roach fishing bait. Floating the crusts on the surface in summer is a good carp bait.

As for eating it I found it would glue my mouth together in a dough mess followed by upser stomach. Toasted ok but good enough fo bait.

Have you tried toasting it and then using it as bait?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I quite like the bitterness of that very dense German rye bread - no idea if good or bad however

I used to absolutely love that, real weekend treat. However I developed a reaction to it, my only food "intolerance", and now it gives me bad hiccups almost straight away.

Really odd, but it happens every time.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Brown multigrain - Mr B likes the one with 9 seeds. Can't begin to tell the difference between that and others myself. Trying to cut down on bread anyway, but having said that have just had 2 slices toasted with mature cheddar and Worcester sauce.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Not sure of the terminology- and that patented process is definitely not it- but the plain sourdough bread at Sainsbury's can be memorable if caught fresh, My personal test is aroma: I can tell if it's good just as soon as I break some.

Morrison's is the worst IMPO: it's as if they've deliberately underbaked it to crowdplease the toothless OAPs. Flaccid and limp, as the actress said to the bishop.

Archived