House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Googe Drive Pah

My card paying the $5 a year payment for extra email space to google had expired.
So I updated it as requested by 2/9/15 to ensure my package renewed.

But apparently auto-renew was off and there is no cheapy package option now. In the mean time they've given me two years of 20gb extra storage free so I can have the time to delete a few million emails.

How can the auto-renew have been off if they discovered my payment method was out of date? Well it wasn't to start with as they said it had been cancelled. Hmm.

I've set up a download request but apparently getting 18gb of emails into a zip will take a few days.

I had similar with the AA. It auto-renewed for several years and then they unilaterally stopped it. I only realised when I thought I hadn't seen this year's card and then found it had expired two months previously.

I phoned them up. No apology or explanation, just would I like to pay now.

I of course said no and changed to somebody else.

A classic example of how to lose a perfectly good customer.

I had similar with the AA. It auto-renewed for several years and then they unilaterally stopped it. I only realised when I thought I hadn't seen this year's card and then found it had expired two months previously.

I phoned them up. No apology or explanation, just would I like to pay now.

I of course said no and changed to somebody else.

A classic example of how to lose a perfectly good customer.

Yes hotmail is crap too though!

The cheapest package I can have now is $1.99 a month compared to $5 a year. Which is a bit of a piss take. But with extra free storage for 2 years I can hopefully deal with the email issue. I used to download them into Eudora but that used to clog up my hard drive a bit. I should just sort the email out and delete some of the old ones.

Why does anyone keep emails?

I'm more impressed anybody manages to accumulate 18gb of them.

That's a hell of a lot of crap adverts for viagrra!

I'm more impressed anybody manages to accumulate 18gb of them.

That's a hell of a lot of crap adverts for viagrra!

I have tried to cull it. I think it needs deleting and me hoping I never need to search through for anything.

I do have loads of important stuff in email but huge amounts of craptoo.

I have tried to cull it. I think it needs deleting and me hoping I never need to search through for anything.

I do have loads of important stuff in email but huge amounts of craptoo.

Perhaps sorting in order of attachment size and working through them in rank order?

I usually find 10% of emails account for 90% of space used.

Perhaps sorting in order of attachment size and working through them in rank order?

I usually find 10% of emails account for 90% of space used.

I don't know how to sort by attachment size on gmail.

I hoard unopened letters from TV Licencing.

If 'Legal Occupier' ever shows up I shall give them his or her mail.

I did and even numbered them but eventually got fed up with making room for them. They haven't written to me for a while; I may have offended them.

The best was a card through the door saying that they had called but I was out. But I was in all day and they didn't ring the bell so the effect was somewhat diminished.