House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Payday Problems: Hsbc Glitch Delays Payments !

I'm convinced all these 'delays' and 'service failures' are akin to a glitch in the matrix (from the Matrix films). The glitch happens when some new code is inserted or a change is made behind the scenes to the matrix.

I think they are preparing the system for a take-down, and making the required system changes during these down times.

The Financial Times Demands End Of Cash, Calls It A "Barbarous Relic"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-28/financial-times-demands-end-cash-calls-it-barbarous-relic

I bet they do....if ever there was a headline being pushed by the bankers and politicians then that's it.

If you only have electronic cash, you can never withdraw it....

Scary thought.

Panama is one of the last few places to actually offer proper banking i.e. where no identification is required to open an account and no questions are asked about deposits.

I bet they do....if ever there was a headline being pushed by the bankers and politicians then that's it.

If you only have electronic cash, you can never withdraw it....

Scary thought.

More than that, 'electronic cash' invariably means 'electronic bank credit'.

Yes, you can indeed have unique electronic tokens which you 'own' to represent a store of wealth as shown by Bitcoin - but you only have to see how the authorities responded to that to figure that this will not be an option for a pure eCash world.

A dream world for bankers - no need to even have real fiat currency (or assets) to back your credit promises and the spreadsheets can be even more easily manipulated to cream off wealth from the general population.

Governments will love it too - as soon as someone trips an electronic trigger by posting the wrong things to a forum or in an email or in an IM or on the phone too many times, just cut off their access to credit. That'll nip off most dissidenters in the bud.

And if you are well enough placed, you can easily cover up your own financial misdeeds - even while claiming that the system is infallible when you want to persecute Joe Public for your own mistakes (as witnessed by the debacle with the post office computer systems).

Is it my imagination or do these occasional payment 'glitches', that we hear about from time to time, tend to curiously coincide when there is going on/has just been significant 'turmoil' in various major financial markets (stockmarkets, currency markets, etc) - as there was, apparently, over the last week (and some would say is still ongoing?).

But I'm sure that's not the case and the reality is that these events are completely unrelated and are genuine human error or hardware malfunction IT glitches - and there is never any underlying 'sinister' causes whatsoever <_<

Of course if there were then TPTB would hardly tell us anyway, would they? You know how we, the public, cant handle the truth - so seems to be the prevailing belief and opinion of the masses by TPTB.

These sort of events always wakes me up to the reality of the way lots of people live.

All over the radio - 'I can't buy food, pay my bills, get the bus home, I'm gonna go over my overdraft limit.'

Frightening 1) the trust people have in the system to not go wrong and 2) the margins they themselves operate on.

Not a dig at them - its reality for those on shit wages. But not having at least 2 current accounts with separate institutions each with enough to cover at least a months expenses in credit would give me a very uncomfortable feeling me these days.

Having more than two also allows withdrawal of at least relatively reasonable sums without having to deal with silly questions about what you're doing with 'your money' (or rather bank credit) when you want to get actual paper.

Edited by Frugal Git

Personal accounts not able to log in on Internet Banking either.

Must be a lot of muppets working in bank IT who muck things up. I assume they've done some sort of change over the bank holiday weekend.

EDIT - Personal banking now back online.

Edited by Ghostly