House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
canbuywontbuy

Uk Net Migration Hits Record High

Pathetic, craven Cameron and his imbecile Conservatives carrying on Blair's good work re. the destruction of the country.

Cameron couldn't lead his way out of a paper bag.

Non EU immigration is down , EU ( non controllable) immigration is well up

Likely to continue I would say and will only strengthen the cause for the OUT vote in the EU Ref

Time for some comedy gold....

As I said, pathetic and craven. A person who should never have been allowed within a million miles of the Prime Minister role.

Non EU immigration is down , EU ( non controllable) immigration is well up

Likely to continue I would say and will only strengthen the cause for the OUT vote in the EU Ref

It would be interesting to know how many of these EU migrants are "new" to the EU with passports issued recently from the southern states..

More grist for the boomer's mill.....support for assets and the state health and pension Ponzi schemes. A short term fix for a long term problem which will eventually be worse for it.

Edited by crashmonitor

Make the benefits system contribution based. If you don't have a set number of years contributions paid, you get nothing.

School leavers can be credited with a notional contribution based upon the years spent in full time education in the UK.

Likewise those leave work & stay at home to raise children (future debt serfs) can also receive a credited contribution.

Those that rock up having given nothing to society & the state get exactly the same in return. Simples!

One in eight not born here.....from the people we know about.....we need people lots of them, good for the economy, and people who integrate into our communities bring with them so many benefits, it makes us the great diverse and generally welcoming country we are.....

Immigration on the whole a good thing, but as it stands is not monitored/ counted..... people are counted in, or not counted in, but never counted out, visas and student visas expire.....so it is the system that is at fault, not the fact that controlled immigration is a good thing, uncontrolled is not....most immigrants themselves would agree with that....

http://www.theguardian.com/media/reality-check/2015/aug/26/daily-telegraph-8-million-foreigners-britain

More grist for the boomer's mill.....support for assets and the state health and pension Ponzi schemes. A short term fix for a long term problem which will eventually be worse for it.

Which is why the City scum/Dave/Boris etc. are such passionate Europhiles and Sinophiles.

Make the benefits system contribution based. If you don't have a set number of years contributions paid, you get nothing.

School leavers can be credited with a notional contribution based upon the years spent in full time education in the UK.

Likewise those leave work & stay at home to raise children (future debt serfs) can also receive a credited contribution.

Those that rock up having given nothing to society & the state get exactly the same in return. Simples!

Doesn't matter if you get here at 65...the minimum income guarantee is yours (eventually) with possible disability top ups and accommodation rent free.

Edited by crashmonitor

I suspect not many today .... but the current surge are being 'processed', given papers then given free bus rides to the North. So the 'legitimate' flow will increase and 330,000 per year will be seen as a trickle. It is not possible to prevent 1,000,000 per year coming in and let's face it with free benefits from day one the UK must be the top destination by far.

I would guess this will make changes to welfare and immigration happen sooner. The pro-immigration/pro-EU lobby are more or less guaranteeing the success of an out vote in 2017. Kind of ironic..

With these kind of numbers though, a huge amount of extra strain will be added to existing infrastructure etc. before we get the chance to bolt the doors.

By which time the system may have crumbled anyway. It's like a scorched earth policy - the country will be sovereign again, but crippled..

Which is why the City scum/Dave/Boris etc. are such passionate Europhiles and Sinophiles.

It's why politicians are so keen to stress the benefits. I'm guessing it is good if you have a large asset stake in UK plc and wish to maintain the welfare Ponzi, politicians final salary retirement packages are high maintenance and somebody needs to look after number one.

Look at our population curve and the fact that we're making it impossibly expensive for British youngsters to educate themselves to fill skilled positions. To me it would seem that unless we keep importing skilled migrants, we will turn Japanese overnight.

If you want to get net migration down, why not export our lazy,unskilled natives to France?

And don't forget that if we do exit the EU we'll have to take back a couple of million egg and chip eating non-integrating retirees from Spain, France etc. Do you really want more entitled boomers, rather than hard working but foreign tax payers?

330,000 WTF. How many houses are being built per year?

Same thing happening in natural world:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-34054321

Invasive caterpillar 'could spread in UK'

An invasive caterpillar that feeds on hedges is starting to spread from its established base in London across the UK, experts warn.

The box tree caterpillar is the larval stage of a moth native to the Far East and India.

An infestation can reduce the glossy green leaves of a box hedge to a faded skeleton within a few days of hatching.

The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) says it is now receiving three or four reports of infestations a day.

There have been more than 150 reports already this year, compared with 20 last year, and just three in 2011.

Initially limited to a small area of south west London, there have now been reports of the box tree caterpillar (Diaphania perspectalis) in areas outside the M25 and in Essex.

Dr Hayley Jones, an entomologist with the RHS, said: "The key thing is that it is established - it has survived throughout the winter and is breeding. It has a foot in the door and is now building up in numbers."

The moth first became established in Europe in 2007 and was first reported in the UK in 2008. By the end of 2014 it became apparent that it had established itself in some parts of London.

Experts believe that it originated in China and either flew across the English Channel or stowed away in containers of imported plants.

Edited by cool_hand

330,000 WTF.

How many houses are being built per year?

Back to the lack of supply meme again? Where are the hundreds of thousands of extra homeless we should have if you really belive we're totally chokka?

330 is a large town entering every year.It's said there are benefits but our those benefits enough to counter the strain on the infrastructure of the country , the lack of jobs for the young , the suppression of wages ?

I don't subscribe to all immigration is bad but I can not see how this amount of influx is overall good for the country.

And don't forget that if we do exit the EU we'll have to take back a couple of million egg and chip eating non-integrating retirees from Spain, France etc. Do you really want more entitled boomers, rather than hard working but foreign tax payers?

Hard working foreign workers - yes, especially if they are skilled.

Unskilled workers, no - we have a stockpile of a few million already

Like them or loathe them, the chip-eating retirees are a damn sight more integrated than some.

Back to the lack of supply meme again? Where are the hundreds of thousands of extra homeless we should have if you really belive we're totally chokka?

All over London 2 story terraced/semi-detached houses are being converted into flats (and rented out privately on insecure ASTs of course). Houses that were designed and built to house 2 adults and their children are now housing 4 adults and maybe 1 or 2 children. When you split a house you need to double services like kitchens, bathrooms, entrances etc so the amount of living space per person is greatly reduced.

I think the extent to which 30somethings in London/SE are compromising on their living conditions has to be seen to be believed. We are just packing more and more people into the same amount of built space, year after year, and the pain is almost all landing on a single age group.

Edited by Dorkins

All over London 2 story terraced/semi-detached houses are being converted into flats (and rented out privately on insecure ASTs of course). Houses that were designed and built to house 2 adults and their children are now housing 4 adults and maybe 1 or 2 children. When you split a house you need to double services like kitchens, bathrooms, entrances etc so the amount of living space per person is greatly reduced.

I think the extent to which 30somethings in London/SE are compromising on their living conditions has to be seen to be believed. We are just packing more and more people into the same amount of built space, year after year, and the pain is almost all landing on a single age group.

Not to mention the increased need for sewage/water treatment, healthcare, schools, roads etc etc.

330 is a large town entering every year.It's said there are benefits but our those benefits enough to counter the strain on the infrastructure of the country , the lack of jobs for the young , the suppression of wages ?

I don't subscribe to all immigration is bad but I can not see how this amount of influx is overall good for the country.

If we seal the UK off from the rest of the world, will wages suddenly soar, or will we just find that we can't export anything as we need a living wage of £20/hr to pay the chap that puts the stamps on the parcels?

I agree that sudden influxes of people are tricky to deal with, but let's be honest, we've been skrimping on infrastructre and house building and cow-towing to selfish NIMBYs for decades...

I think the extent to which 30somethings in London/SE are compromising on their living conditions has to be seen to be believed. We are just packing more and more people into the same amount of built space, year after year.

Yup. even in parts of the country away from the SE, there is a stark intergenerational difference.

My immediate friends/family and I comprise:

42 people (22 adults, 20 children)

34 bedrooms

Our parents collectively comprise:

43 people

65 known bedrooms + 5 other homes I do not know anything about, so a minimum of 70 bedrooms, more likely to be closer to 75-80 bedrooms.

Very true, but is this not really being driven by debt fueled HPI? How many 30 year olds could afford a whole house in the SE if all the migrants left tomorrow?

Not to mention the increased need for sewage/water treatment, healthcare, schools, roads etc etc.

All of which seem to me to involve extra jobs for someone, and come out of taxation, presumably paid for by the 300K people who benefit from them...