House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Hpc Geography

I'm in Turnipland, along with a few others. There seems to be a healthy Kernow Posse, and far too many Scots. Is any area under represented?

God's own County?

Well, are there any other Yorkies here? I believe we have a few "wrong 'uns" from t'other side o't' Pennines. ;)

I'm behind you.

I'll be going past your house at about 16:00 hours. I am having a long weekend in deepest Wales. I will watch out for orcs at Port Talbot.

I'll be going past your house at about 16:00 hours. I am having a long weekend in deepest Wales. I will watch out for orcs at Port Talbot.

Its not the orcs you need to worry about :blink:

Edit

I'm obviously in the foothills of Mount Fuji

Its not the orcs you need to worry about :blink:

Edit

I'm obviously in the foothills of Mount Fuji

I might go past your house too. :unsure:

Wave as you go past J36 too, for my sake, although I am not strictly there.

Thank heavens I'm the only one here from Belfast - it's a small place and I'd be wary of losing my anonymity if there was too many Belfast folk here ;)

Thank heavens I'm the only one here from Belfast - it's a small place and I'd be wary of losing my anonymity if there was too many Belfast folk here ;)

You're not the only one here. There's a few brass band bombers in bowler hats that pop up here. :unsure:

Turnipland? Lincolnshire?

You're not the only one here. There's a few brass band bombers in bowler hats that pop up here. :unsure:

How very dare you; my choice of instrument is guitar, not flute, I've never owned a bowler hat and I'm a lover, not a fighter so there's no semtex on me!

I'm in Turnipland, along with a few others. There seems to be a healthy Kernow Posse, and far too many Scots. Is any area under represented?

Mr P, seeing as you're so close to me, can I see you camping out in my garden?

Turnipland and Dave Beans... Is that the windy city?

I thought you all came from Cornwall, we have major problems down here...

Cornwall qualified for Objective One European funding in 1999. Prior to this the Government had, for statistical purposes, incorporated it with Devon, under the Devonwall concept. In 1998 Cornwall was recognised by the UK Government as having "distinct cultural and historical factors reflecting a Celtic background",[13] thus allowing it to be separated in a regional and economic sense from Devon.

Due to Cornwall producing less than 75% of the average European GDP, £350 million of Objective One funding was received between 2000 and 2006. The Combined Universities Campus at Tremough was one result of this funding. Objective One funding has been used in supporting and developing a largely indigenous food and farming industry which is now worth nearly two billion pounds a year.[citation needed] Other sectors have also benefited, including the 'creative industries', which have benefited from publicity and investment.[citation needed] Tourism also gained from the funding, and broadband provision was made a priority. There have been some complaints of fund mismanagement, for example, cases such as the £2 million funding towards the failed South West Film Studios at St Agnes.[14]

We be pi$$ poor!

The 2014 gross annual earnings for Cornwall was £17,344; an increase of 49.5% between the two periods – which is good news. The increase to £20,081 for the South West is less of an increase than Cornwall at 40.2% when you compare the 2001 and 2014 figures. For England and Wales the wage increase is to £22,201; and increase of 39% again less than Cornwall. However, and this is one of the points, Cornwall is still paid 28% less than the England and Wales average, which is a disgrace. (source for wages is NOMIS and ASHE)

Next, let’s look at the affordability ratio in Cornwall, the South West and in England and Wales. In Cornwall the affordability ratio in Cornwall rose from 6.7 in 2000 to peak in 2004 at 12.5, then at 12.4 in 2007. The ratio then fell back but has been fairly stable at between 10.7 and 10.4 between 2007 and 2013. The ratio for 2014 has risen slightly to 10.6.

Yay, house prices have gone up.... but we don't own them... :(

I've lived in Dumfries and Galloway for nearly 50 years. Over the years I've grown to appreciate how lucky I am to live in an area that is lowly populated where it's easy to get out and about in nature on quiet roads. Same problems as everywhere else though with high house prices and rents in relation to local wages.

I think I need more beer to cope with this news.

I've lived in Dumfries and Galloway for nearly 50 years. Over the years I've grown to appreciate how lucky I am to live in an area that is lowly populated where it's easy to get out and about in nature on quiet roads. Same problems as everywhere else though with high house prices and rents in relation to local wages.

Amen to all of that. So glad to be out of London.