House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turned Out Nice Again

Anorexia?

Oh dear. She's read some awful book on self promotion maybe that says to apologise for something shocking relating to your blog.

Like if you have an Apple blog you'd write about how you don't use your apple crap.

The foodie who hid an eating disorder
An "anorexic" with an "eating disorder" seems now to be any chubby woman who attempts to lose weight by eating less food and wants to emote about it.
Are there any male anorexics? or is it just female nonsense?

Yes there are, but it is rarer.

About 5 years ago when I was really stressed in my job and really obsessed with healthy eating, I dropped to 122 pounds at 6 foot 2. That's under 9 stone.

I didn't realize how thin I'd gotten until I saw myself randomly in a photo. Perception can be a strange thing.

Male anorexic:

Very sad.

Crikey. He's scrawnier than I am. :wacko:

92 pounds is 41 kg. I weigh about 67 kg

Aye - poor sod died of it eventually.

I will keep on eating food then. :unsure: I used to weigh 9st when I was about 18, now I'm about 11.

I will keep on eating food then. :unsure: I used to weigh 9st when I was about 18, now I'm about 11.

Isn't your age supposed to go up with time ?

I think I might be anorexic, every time I look in the mirror I think I'm fat.

That is exactly the delusion. :huh:

Isn't your age supposed to go up with time ?

Aye well, I'm over 50 now, and I didn't become fat. I do like literal deliberate misunderstandings BTW. :huh:

The foodie who hid an eating disorder
An "anorexic" with an "eating disorder" seems now to be any chubby woman who attempts to lose weight by eating less food and wants to emote about it.
Are there any male anorexics? or is it just female nonsense?

John Prescott claimed to be one didnt he?

Of course its a genuine condition, like that tiny number of people born of indeterminate gender. Lately though, mental illness (ie body dysmorphia, Bruce Jenner) rather than being treated as mental illness is treated as entirely normal, and the other 99% of society is ill.

I told a mate once that she was far to thin.....standing sideways and sticking out her tongue she looked like a zip.....No seriously it is yet another mental health low self esteem/control issue....it affects people in different ways, self harm is closely linked, as is other addiction problems.....there is help out there, but first you have to want to help yourself. ;)

I told a mate once that she was far to thin.....standing sideways and sticking out her tongue she looked like a zip.....No seriously it is yet another mental health low self esteem/control issue....it affects people in different ways, self harm is closely linked, as is other addiction problems.....there is help out there, but first you have to want to help yourself. ;)

Some people are rather thin. It's when you can see that "Belsen" look that I worry. :wacko:

John Prescott claimed to be one didnt he?

Of course its a genuine condition, like that tiny number of people born of indeterminate gender. Lately though, mental illness (ie body dysmorphia, Bruce Jenner) rather than being treated as mental illness is treated as entirely normal, and the other 99% of society is ill.

He was bulimic, different thing.

You can't really claim to be anorexic and be the size of Prescott, with bulimia eat what you fancy and stick your fingers down you gob.

About 5 years ago when I was really stressed in my job and really obsessed with healthy eating, I dropped to 122 pounds at 6 foot 2. That's under 9 stone.

I didn't realize how thin I'd gotten until I saw myself randomly in a photo. Perception can be a strange thing.

I'm shading six feet and vary between 142lb-147lb. My only thoughts are is our perception of what is the right weight effected by the fact we are generally heavier these days than we once were. If I err any higher my stamina falls very quickly, probably put more strain on my joints and the six pack becomes a one pack. I might look better at 11 stone but tbh it is all fat beyond about 147.

Professional footballers used to be about 10 and a half stone in the 70s and some of the best like George Best in his teens started out at less than 8 stones...not in later years obviously. 12 stone was considered massive, probably lightweight these days in a more physical game and indeed you probably need to be heavy to compete, but injuries are more prevalent.

I'm shading six feet and vary between 142lb-147lb. My only thoughts are is our perception of what is the right weight effected by the fact we are generally heavier these days than we once were. If I err any higher my stamina falls very quickly, probably put more strain on my joints and the six pack becomes a one pack. I might look better at 11 stone but tbh it is all fat beyond about 147.

Professional footballers used to be about 10 and a half stone in the 70s and some of the best like George Best in his teens started out at less than 8 stones...not in later years obviously. 12 stone was considered massive, probably lightweight these days in a more physical game and indeed you probably need to be heavy to compete, but injuries are more prevalent.

Aye I hover at around 135-140 these days at 6 foot 2 and I actually don't really mind being that weight. I have a curve in my spine so putting on a load of mass would be a bad thing for me anyway. I think adding one stone or so might help me look a bit 'healthier', but as you say the problem these days is one of perception because most people are fat.

I'm on a mission right now to achieve sub-10% body fat and visible abs, which some would call an unreasonable (or unhealthy) ambition.

I skip meals. Some days I eat almost nothing. But I'm not anorexic, because I know exactly what I'm trying to do and there is an end point.

I think anorexics' goals are less clearly defined and perhaps unachievable, eg. gawky girls like Karen Carpenter trying to make themselves "beautiful".

From the BBC video, I saw nothing to suggest that blogger had done anything unhealthy beyond trying to eat less, which somebody has convinced her is an "eating disorder". As she said herself, she wasn't skeletal and wasn't sicking-up food. Perhaps there's more to it, but it wasn't in the film. She just looks like an attention-seeker.

As for the YouTube former male model, he was clearly mentally ill. His wasn't a case of "body dysmorphia" because you can't achieve a gym physique such as he had without having an accurate perception of how you look.

Was he sick? ;)

When I knew him I think he was largely over it but he was very thin still. I found out accidentally when he told me he was having all of his teeth capped at some huge expense. It turns out that years of chucking up destroys your tooth enamel.