House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

How To Put A Hole In A Million Dollar Painting....

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/25/boy-trips-in-museum-and-punches-hole-through-million-dollar-painting

Video at the link.

A 12-year-old Taiwanese boy lived out a slapstick nightmare at the weekend when he tripped at a museum and broke his fall with a 350-year-old painting, smashing a hole in the work of art valued at $1.5m.

Footage released by the organisers of the Face of Leonardo: Images of a Genius exhibition in Taipei shows the boy in shorts, trainers, a blue Puma T-shirt and holding a drink walk pass the still life, catching his foot and stumbling over.

He looks up at the Paolo Porpora oil on canvas painting of flowers, shown later to have a fist-sized gash at the bottom, and freezes, looking around at other people in the room.

Well you wouldn't put a million dollar painting behind protective glass would you? I bet he won't be taken anywhere ever again!

I think the hole adds some seriousness to the art. And it has reduced the Euler characteristic by 2.

Have you been at the Klein bottle again?

I get topology and topiary confused, hence my garden maze. There is no way in, so you are trapped. :unsure:

Also have confusion with taxonomy, and taxidermy. I just classify badly stuffed animals. :mellow:

It's amazing how much priority you give to not spilling a drink when you lose your balance; especially when drunk.

I get topology and topiary confused, hence my garden maze. There is no way in, so you are trapped. :unsure:

Also have confusion with taxonomy, and taxidermy. I just classify badly stuffed animals. :mellow:

Just as long as you don't confuse genaeology with gynacology (they both involve looking up old c**ts).

You pine for the old Pin?

Sorry, I et your garden maize for lunch. I'm now a badly stuffed animal.

ObTopic: what does he trip over?

Never accept a gift of a 'free' painting from MrPin!

He cuts holes in the eyes and hides behind it!

There would be a certain theatrical comedy in that. In fact, nowadays, you can buy video cameras the size of a button from Maplin.

We can all be James Bond now. :(;)

There would be a certain theatrical comedy in that. In fact, nowadays, you can buy video cameras the size of a button from Maplin.

We can all be James Bond now. :(;)

I can see that you have already given this considerable thought. :o

Yes, they could stuff the little boy and mount him alongside the painting :o

His DNA is now on the painting preserved in oil, they can clone him in the future and punish him forever.