House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RichM

Pay Going Up Fast - Which Means...?

Guest consa

I am not surprised really, pay needs to go up to pay for the higher council tax, petrol, water, electric, gas, car parking, debt, christmas etc etc....................................... .

People need more money!!

The pay race is hotting up, Telegraph, 15-12-2005

All a bit weird, especially since unemployment is rising.

Upward pressure on inflation?

two points. Inflation has driven the pay needs..

just because tax and house prices are no longer in the governments figures does not mean that they are not still inflationary driving entities, the reason that they have always been considered in inflation is because tax, then property are our greatest expences... Anyone who considers them not inflationary is to stupid to breed and too easily lied to and should immediatly get themselves sterilised...

Lets look at Taxes.

They go up, we need more cash to pay the tax.. we need more wages to provide the cash to pay the tax that pays the public sector to increase its numbers to hide the private sectors job losses which means the country has less cash. Everyone wants paying more from a smaller pot. Government borrows from abroad.

but we need more.

Smoke and mirrors hide the truth.. but do not fix it..

The next spin I hear from Labours benches whould be hammer Drills being shoved right up their...

On that note..

cheers

Edited by apom

I asked for a 30% pay rise, which is exceptional, and on a productivity level I'm probably not worth it.

However, anything less than the amount I asked for is pointless, as all I could do is save it. If my salary increases to a higher level I'll theoretically be able to buy a house/doing something economical with my money. Then the economy can get on its feet again. Weirdly.

If wages increased enough to buy property, I think a lot of people would buy, even if prices are fantastically historically high, and write-off those massive HPI windfalls to the lucky few as being just that, good luck on their part. And move on.

Whether I get it or not is debatable, but the CFO at our work didn't even flinch. Should have asked for 40%...

ps apom if this

to stupid to bread
is intentional, it's inspired. If not... Edited by stillill

I asked for a 30% pay rise, which is exceptional, and on a productivity level I'm probably not worth it.

However, anything less than the amount I asked for is pointless, as all I could do is save it. If my salary increases to a higher level I'll theoretically be able to buy a house/doing something economical with my money. Then the economy can get on its feet again. Weirdly.

If wages increased enough to buy property, I think a lot of people would buy, even if prices are fantastically historically high, and write-off those massive HPI windfalls to the lucky few as being just that, good luck on their part. And move on.

Whether I get it or not is debatable, but the CFO at our work didn't even flinch. Should have asked for 40%...

ps apom if this

is intentional, it's inspired. If not...

Damn, Can I lie and suggest a profound hidden meaning only the true high brow could spot. (aka Team America.. Its dumb humour.. or is it..)

But to be honest.. its early... I was watching Stereophonics in Exeter last night..

(They Rock)

I am at work.. and I want to go back to bed.. very badly..

. . . faster correction of house price:earnings ratio without HPC.

A correction of the price:earnings ratio by changing the earnings side is still a crash of sorts. In VALUES.

Value is essentially what matters, not price.

My father doesn't appear to understand this. In the '70s, prices didn't go down but values did. By the time you eventually get your greasy mits on the house-sale money, you discover it's worth less because the price of a Mars Bar has gone up from 35p to 65p. G.C.S.E. Economics.

A crash in values would be jolly unfair on the thousands it would indiscriminately make unemployed as salary costs rocket. Forcing people to price-down is much, much fairer on balance.

Pay rises by profession

Actuaries 8%

IT 6%

Computing 4.1%

Engineers 2.9%

The average pay for a non managerial chartered engineer is now £33,719.

Pay rises by profession

Actuaries 8%

IT 6%

Computing 4.1%

Engineers 2.9%

The average pay for a non managerial chartered engineer is now £33,719.

No wonder we don't make anything any more! :angry:

No I ain't go to bother, it just depresses me.

The good news is that if this trend continues then the BoE have got its second order inflationary effects. That will trigger IR's to rise.

but with rising unemployment, the overall amount of earned income in the economy will be broadly the same (subject to rate of rise in unemployment)? Perhaps employers are simply spending more money on fewer people.

And if inflation does rise, then it's pretty certain that IRs will too, so some of the more stretched purchases of recent years will get flushed out and one would expect prices to fall before the wage increases give any significant further impetus.

Overall, I'd say this is good news for bears, so long as you keep your jobs!