HOLA441
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

With its "Totally Tropical Taste" I guess it ridicules Jamaicans. :wacko:

might be right.

the EU have probably banned it because the ad had a condescendingly patois accent.

sort of like robertsons marmalade and the gollywog thing.

HOLA444

might be right.

the EU have probably banned it because the ad had a condescendingly patois accent.

sort of like robertsons marmalade and the gollywog thing.

My sister used to collect the badges from the jam offer. :(;)

I can't imagine the Lilt advert promoted racial hatred. There's a big difference between a bit of jokey stereotyping, which is the basis of much humour, and racist "hate" pamphlets. But unfortunately, in the PC world, there is little humour, and people do not appreciate the difference. :wacko:

HOLA445
HOLA446

They should have used the advertising slogan that Viz suggested:

Lilt, adds a tilt to your kilt

Very amusing Frank. I got a few "Letterbocks" comments in Viz a few years back, because a mate of mine thought they were not sent in by readers, and I won my tenner, by being "published".

I'm pretty sure I have not had "***** enlargement pill" spam from Jamaica, so I guess they are keeping their secret. :D

HOLA447

Very amusing Frank. I got a few "Letterbocks" comments in Viz a few years back, because a mate of mine thought they were not sent in by readers, and I won my tenner, by being "published".

I'm pretty sure I have not had "***** enlargement pill" spam from Jamaica, so I guess they are keeping their secret. :D

I also thought they made them all up themselves. Nice to meet Viz royalty!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

The special was discontinued in 2011 because you weren't drinking enough of it Joe.

Standard Lilt sells on.

When I was about 9 or 10 I went through a brief period of drinking one 500ml bottle of coke a day. My teeth went downhill so fast that the dentist had a word with my mum and warned her that my teeth would be rotten if I continued like that.

I promptly stopped; and to this day only really drink a soft drink or eat chocolate a maximum of once a week. I basically never eat confectionary/sweets. At the ripe old age of 31 I have no fillings whatsoever in my adult teeth.

Remove soft drinks from the diet of the western world and I bet you'd see all sorts of health improvements. Dentists and diabetes drug manufacturers would be down on their luck however.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

My sister used to collect the badges from the jam offer. :(;)

I can't imagine the Lilt advert promoted racial hatred. There's a big difference between a bit of jokey stereotyping, which is the basis of much humour, and racist "hate" pamphlets. But unfortunately, in the PC world, there is little humour, and people do not appreciate the difference. :wacko:

My Nigerian saxophone-playing friend used to collect the Robertson's Golly jazz musician figurines.

As for Lilt, they sell it in Yorkshire as "Turtley Tropical" and add real turtle.

HOLA4421

When I was about 9 or 10 I went through a brief period of drinking one 500ml bottle of coke a day. My teeth went downhill so fast that the dentist had a word with my mum and warned her that my teeth would be rotten if I continued like that.

I promptly stopped; and to this day only really drink a soft drink or eat chocolate a maximum of once a week. I basically never eat confectionary/sweets. At the ripe old age of 31 I have no fillings whatsoever in my adult teeth.

Remove soft drinks from the diet of the western world and I bet you'd see all sorts of health improvements. Dentists and diabetes drug manufacturers would be down on their luck however.

When I mentioned at work that I have no fillings somebody said (confidently) that if you didn't have any by your mid 20s you were pretty much safe.

You can see a basis for this in strong enamel and having a sweeter tooth when younger.

HOLA4422

When I mentioned at work that I have no fillings somebody said (confidently) that if you didn't have any by your mid 20s you were pretty much safe.

You can see a basis for this in strong enamel and having a sweeter tooth when younger.

Do you tan easily? Have often wondered about the calicium / sunshine / vitamin D connection. If you look at people in Africa they have incredibly strong teeth. Could be a sugar thing.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived