House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiritinthesky

See What Was #1 On The Day You Were Born

Looks like "Diana" By Paul Anka.

Almost before new fangled rotating disc gramophone records, and back in the days of sheet music, and self playing pianos driven by wind, and very large paper tape storage with holes in.

I've a feeling some of the replies in this thread are going to make me feel old!

You are old, but not quite as old as me. :unsure:

Does eat oats and mares eat oats and liddle lambs eat kiddlies for me (1943)

Respect Gandalf! :o Little lambs eat ivy BTW (allegedly). Unless you have been breeding carnivorous zombie sheep? :blink:

As I remember it was pronounced as

'Marezydoats and doezydoats and little lambsikinsey.

At least that what was my Mother used to sing to me

XYY

Young feckless bugger, no ambition, you younger buggers. You ought to join the army. Always wasting your time with video games. :unsure:

I always wonder how old you were winkie. Now I know. ;)

Mine was Elvis Presley - Way Down. A posthumous release as he died 4 weeks before I was born (hamburger overdose?).

More noteworthy - around the same time I was born The Stranglers released 'No More Heroes'. That song is as cool as f**k!

That's pretty cool XYY Man. I watched Help! recently, most enjoyable film; quite witty. Some very good 'videos' in it.

Arr, you are too young Tinks! :blink:

Mine was Elvis Presley - Way Down. A posthumous release as he died 4 weeks before I was born (hamburger overdose?).

More noteworthy - around the same time I was born The Stranglers released 'No More Heroes'. That song is as cool as f**k!

I can play that! :( I was in a music club in the Strand (London) when the death of Elv1s was announced!

Not quite .... not giving my age away that easily, but the OP namesake reminded me of the song and what a great song it was in its day.....The Stranglers music, agreed is brill, local band.