TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA441
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

And it might again :lol:

That graph says to me, madness. They push to the prices up to irrational levels then let the market crash. Rinse and repeat.

Much like the housing market.

+1

If we're looking at a resumption of the worldwide depression postponed from 2008 - and I think we are - then 3,500 is almost inevitable.

HOLA443

+1

If we're looking at a resumption of the worldwide depression postponed from 2008 - and I think we are - then 3,500 is almost inevitable.

That begs the question, where did the QE money go ?

money-under-the-bed.jpg

You just know when you hear the storys of Apple being able to buy greece and house prices in London now 50% more than a level that destroyed the financial system that some time soon, something is gotta give.

HOLA444

Decent summary in Reuters in 2 short para's....

I think it's been said before on here, several times, the actions of the elite after 2008 has only postponed the inevitbale, not solved it. The problems now been magnified and any collapse now will really cause a lot of strife.

I am sure many of them in the know will have sold up by now and be sitting watching thanking god ( or gord in reality ) for the bailout.

Who's going to take the losses....I'll give you 1 guess ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Give it another 16 years and it'll probably pan out OK. Even at a 2.5% dividend payout you get all your money back from dividends alone in 30 years and you've still got (whatever's left of) your capital.

Howz that strategy panning out for the Northern Rock share holders ?

HOLA4411

Give it another 16 years and it'll probably pan out OK. Even at a 2.5% dividend payout you get all your money back from dividends alone in 30 years and you've still got (whatever's left of) your capital.

Guess it depends what you class as the long term, to me 16 years is pretty long.

However, I have to agree that where as dividends fell well short of interest on cash over the last 16 years, that will probably not be the case moving forward. Indeed there are likely to be dates in the near future when the FT has another go above 7000. At that point an exit is always going to beat cash from heronin. Which means that timing, not time, is essential when exiting the market in particular.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Well so long as you await revisitation at 6800 or whatever, you will beat cash from now on. Meanwhile the DOW....

http://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=dow&ei=wyrXVZCjOIKUUKLsltgO

TBF I bought 50% Lloyds and 50% RBS shares rather than the FTSE

I've got them as buy and forget shares and a hedge against a booming housing market. If I'm wrong and the growth of the economy and housing are sustainable then they should rise in value by a lot compared to their current valuation.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

The FTSE closed at 6187.65, down 2.83%.

That makes 9 consecutive down sessions for the FTSE 100, tying the present run in 2nd place along with 14th - 24th Nov 2011 in the list of top losing streaks since the index began in 1984.

If you take the percentage fall into account, this losing run (-8.1%) beats the 2011 one (-7.5%).

Number one spot is currently taken by the 11 session losing streak from 13th - 27th Jan 2003 (-12.4% over the period).

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

No economy will be viable nor healthy whilst asset price inflation overrides growth, real productivity via real work.......or else we all sit on our shares and in our homes and do absolutely nothing of any good to anybody.....herein lies the problem.