House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CunningPlan

Holby City 'off Set'

Was watching tonight and a thought struck me. When the actors are not on set, do they, either consciously or subconsciously, stick to the hierarchy of their characters? I.e. Do they offer up their seat to Hanson or slap him round the head and send him down to Greggs to get the pies in? Could apply to any programme with a clear line of seniority that is not just fame based.

Interesting. I would guess that an alternative hierarchy in films etc. exists where one performer is more highly paid, a bigger star than others. They can then afford to make demands, some ridiculous to ensure that hierarchy is enforced, including things like the size of the motor home, changing room etc etc.

True - but that is not the question. As with casualty, some of the lower ranking staff have much bigger roles so are theoretically the stars... but do they feel that way off set?

Was watching tonight and a thought struck me. When the actors are not on set, do they, either consciously or subconsciously, stick to the hierarchy of their characters? I.e. Do they offer up their seat to Hanson or slap him round the head and send him down to Greggs to get the pies in? Could apply to any programme with a clear line of seniority that is not just fame based.

I have been a film extra in the good old days when it was unionised properly under the FAA (Film artistes assocation) I did five days on Prince of Thieves at Pinewood and can confirm it doesn't take long before you separate along costume lines i.e the knights sit together and so do the peasants quite eerie considering we were all getting to the penny the same money