House Price Crash Forum

I Ordered Some Cycling Bib Tights Today

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441

I decided that my 3 year old pair of cycling waist trousers from Aldi are worn thin and will not do for the coming Autumn/Winter.

So, being a pedantic s*d, I have spent the last 2 months looking at cycling bib tights online. In the end I ordered these:

zw3a6405.jpg

The are dhb thermal flashlight tights from Wiggle. I have never worn bib tights before - understand that stopping for a wee is difficult (Which I do often in the cold weather) - but they get good reviews and hopefully will be a good first bib tight.

I can't ever see myself paying the ludicrous £100 plus prices but I got these for £28. A reviewer felt that they were too immodest - which resulted in myself immediately ordering a pair.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I have the DHB ones, it does get pretty nippy round here.

They appear good quality according to the reviews I have read online.

I was going to buy slightly more expensive ones for about £55 - a bit heavier, a bit more winter thickness apparently but without any reflective panels on them.

But then I read a post online from someone who said that they had got the £55 ones for £25 in May and, in true HPC tightness, I decided not to buy them unless I can get them in that price area. The £55 ones came with a front chest zipper though and a much thicker pad.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Did you consider kinky bibshorts?

I suspect I will be buying a pair for next Spring. In true HPC style I will buy them in a sale in the winter.

However, I spent many an hour looking at photos of women in bibshorts - I now know why such ladies have such perfectly fitting lycra shorts - the suspenders keep the shorts up tight around the bottom and, ahem, lady bits.

HOLA447

I suspect I will be buying a pair for next Spring. In true HPC style I will buy them in a sale in the winter.

However, I spent many an hour looking at photos of women in bibshorts - I now know why such ladies have such perfectly fitting lycra shorts - the suspenders keep the shorts up tight around the bottom and, ahem, lady bits.

I'm not too sure about bibshorts. Lycra shorts are OK, bibtights are OK (got both of those myself), but bibshorts on a man always look as if they should be accompanied by a moustache and a little leather cap...

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Hmmm I'm not sure what you mean... like this?

tumblr_nar8kp1cPd1t446fao1_500.jpg

or like this?

maxresdefault.jpg

or perhaps you mean?

Marion-Rousse-maillot-equipe-de-France-F

surely you don't mean?

marion-rousse-cyclepassion-2012.jpg

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I have a full set of Castelli Nanoflex winter cycling gear.

It's the real deal but not cheap.

It consists of 3 peices:

A pair of fleece lined bib shorts

A pair of fleece lined kneewarmers

A pair of fleece lined legwarmers

They have a Nanoflex water repellant coating that water just runs straight off.

From the set you can make full bib tights, quarter length bib tights (stops below the knee)

Or you can just use the bib shorts for winter days that dont quite require legs covered but summer bib shorts would be too cold.

Going with a 3 peice set up can be better than just all out tights as you have scope to change with the conditions.

http://m.evanscycles.com/products/castelli/nanoflex-leg-warmer-ec033738

HOLA4416
Guest TheBlueCat

What on earth are bib tights? Do they stop you getting spunk down your trousers?

If so, I may need to get some myself.

Think black lycra onesie and you're about there.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Those are Zentai suits. Don't ask me how I know that.

I just checked. What sport are they for? You need not answer that. :o The Japanese have strange hobbies.

HOLA4420

I have a full set of Castelli Nanoflex winter cycling gear.

It's the real deal but not cheap.

It consists of 3 peices:

A pair of fleece lined bib shorts

A pair of fleece lined kneewarmers

A pair of fleece lined legwarmers

They have a Nanoflex water repellant coating that water just runs straight off.

From the set you can make full bib tights, quarter length bib tights (stops below the knee)

Or you can just use the bib shorts for winter days that dont quite require legs covered but summer bib shorts would be too cold.

Going with a 3 peice set up can be better than just all out tights as you have scope to change with the conditions.

http://m.evanscycles.com/products/castelli/nanoflex-leg-warmer-ec033738

Photo or you do not exist :)

HOLA4421

Archived