House Price Crash Forum

Satisfaction Surveys

Frank Hovis

HOLA441

I get these now after hotel stays and holidays.

They don't take a vast amount of time to complete in the main so I sometimes do, mostly because I want to either complain or more usually compliment.

There is an incentive offered - e.g. win £1,000 for Premier Inn - if your name is pulled out of the hat but no indication of how frequent this is and hence how remote my possibility of winning it. If it's monthly I'll do them all, annualy then I won't bother.

The closest I've been to wnning one of these type was when a workmate (back in the 90s) mentioned that his friend had filled in the card when buying a Sony product and won the prize of their refunding him the cost so he got it for free.

That's not a high-enough incidence to encourage me. Are there any where people regularly win so you absolutely should fill them in?

HOLA442
HOLA443

These surveys are starting to really annoy me, I don't fill in any of them. No one reads them, they are a useless method of complaining. Whatever trivial thing you buy, you a bombarded with requests for surveys. If they offered £20 to fill it in, I would, otherwise, forget it.

HOLA444

If I fill one in I generally don't give any personal details so no chance of winning anything. There are too many people and organisations asking for personal information these days that I've defaulted to a "mind you own ****** business" attitude unless there's a very, very good reason for it. No name, no phone, no email address unless it's really needed.

HOLA445

I stay in hotels reasonably often so get a fair amount of them. I fill them in as it wastes 5 minutes of my boring work day. Never once have I won anything.

I'll give my email address out, don't tend to give out my phone number. If I ever do have to I give it out with a single digit changed, some poor sod might be getting a ton of calls.

Archived