House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

How Dear Is Aston Martin Paint?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=957735960950043

Appeal to find man who deliberately keyed Aston Martin in supermarket car park

Officers from Hackney would like to trace a man with a baby in a pushchair after he deliberately keyed £9,000 worth of damage to an Aston Martin.

Police were called on Friday, 19 June to reports of criminal damage to a car parked in a supermarket car park.

The driver of an Aston Martin V8 Vantage had parked his car at 10:30hrs in a supermarket car park on Morning Lane, Hackney and left his dashboard camera turned on as he went shopping.

Moments later, a tall black man approached the car pushing a baby in a pram. He took out a bunch of keys from his pocket and scraped them down the passenger's side of the vehicle causing £9,000 worth of damage.

Guest eight

Somebody I know had a Mercedes keyed down to the metal and it had to go back to the factory to be practically rebuilt. Apparently it was borderline write off but for being only a few weeks old at the time.

Somebody I know had a Mercedes keyed down to the metal and it had to go back to the factory to be practically rebuilt. Apparently it was borderline write off but for being only a few weeks old at the time.

But the owner is rich innit an it's my human right and everyfink to be upset at not being rich too innit

Guest eight

But the owner is rich innit an it's my human right and everyfink to be upset at not being rich too innit

Actually the guy in question was an **** of the first order. But you're right, it's still not on.

Also it was a very pretty car, and it's not the car's fault. Key the guy's face, if you're that bothered!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=957735960950043

Appeal to find man who deliberately keyed Aston Martin in supermarket car park

Officers from Hackney would like to trace a man with a baby in a pushchair after he deliberately keyed £9,000 worth of damage to an Aston Martin.

Police were called on Friday, 19 June to reports of criminal damage to a car parked in a supermarket car park.

The driver of an Aston Martin V8 Vantage had parked his car at 10:30hrs in a supermarket car park on Morning Lane, Hackney and left his dashboard camera turned on as he went shopping.

Moments later, a tall black man approached the car pushing a baby in a pram. He took out a bunch of keys from his pocket and scraped them down the passenger's side of the vehicle causing £9,000 worth of damage.

Taken in by the dealer no such thing as OEM paint any reputable bodyshop can repair the damage but likely to be 5 panel so all will need spraying so about a £2.5 k job which is what the dealer will be paying and marking it up.

Not sure I am as angry as everyone on this I love my cars but taking a £100k car to go shopping in a deprived area.......bit naive frankly

So you have lots of sympathy with boomers who say to the younger generation just get rid of that ipad and save and you too can have a house like mine ? Why you so upset with my generation ?

Not sure I am as angry as everyone on this I love my cars but taking a £100k car to go shopping in a deprived area.......bit naive frankly

You can't say that.

It's like saying girls who wear short shirts are very naive and have it coming to them.

Taken in by the dealer no such thing as OEM paint any reputable bodyshop can repair the damage but likely to be 5 panel so all will need spraying so about a £2.5 k job which is what the dealer will be paying and marking it up.

Yes. The bloke is scum but as you know people like him are about then you have to decide upon your attitude to risk.

I go walking which means leaving my car in a layby or isolated car park for many hours. If I left a £100k Ferrari for eight hours in a remote layby in winter I wouldn't be able to relax whilst walking as it would attract the attention of any passing low lives.

That's not to say that I won't buy a nice car, but it would have to be a second car.

You can't say that.

It's like saying girls who wear short shirts are very naive and have it coming to them.

Are you being sarcastic Sarah?

The criminal is guilty and there is no "contributory negligence"

The bloke parking his Aston Martin in a rough estate or the girl wearing the very short skirt on her own late at night are more likely to be victims of such criminals so pointing this out to them is helfpul.

Neither is "asking for it".

So you have lots of sympathy with boomers who say to the younger generation just get rid of that ipad and save and you too can have a house like mine ? Why you so upset with my generation ?

I'm not upset with any generation, no one chose when to be born - but I reserve the right to call someone a a_cee_u_next_tuesday when they are behaving like a_cee_u_next_tuesday

And furthermore raising insurance premiums for everyone

You can't say that.

The two aren't the same one is offence against a person one an object. So it's nothing like that sorry.

In a world where inequality is rife and getting worse to rub peoples noses in that inequality risks consequences and you have decide your attitude to that risk. Frank puts it better

Same as people getting £20k watches stolen off their wrist whilst dropping the kids at school not right but I have no sympathy either

I'm not upset with any generation, no one chose when to be born - but I reserve the right to call someone a a_cee_u_next_tuesday when they are behaving like a_cee_u_next_tuesday

And furthermore raising insurance premiums for everyone

Premiums are a legal private tax (very little depends on this input its what they can get away with)

I am not condoning is actions but rubbing peoples noses in their lack of success will have consequences occasionally, Personally I have met worse Cee...far worse... and they don't scratch cars they ruin people lives and careers see the Amazon thread

In London deprived areas are very very often yards within very affluent areas - or would you prefer the French city model with its arrondisements, with the deprived council estates pushed out to ring the affluent city centres?

Bit daft Greg. Hackney a bit cheesy. Reminds me why I don't like London much. Still mindless vandalism though.

In London deprived areas are very very often yards within very affluent areas - or would you prefer the French city model with its arrondisements, with the deprived council estates pushed out to ring the affluent city centres?

Think perhaps the edginess that hipsters buy into is edgy for a reason otherwise live in the burbs

Think perhaps the edginess that hipsters buy into is edgy for a reason otherwise live in the burbs

You never answered my question re the arrondisements model

Hipsters live in edgy areas because quite frankly BOMAD won't stretch to Kensington and Chelsea

This is, perhaps, a visible sign of the housing bubble in London where, supposedly, middle-class professionals are now 'gentrifying areas like Hackney, Tottenham, etc, having been driven out of their traditional areas due to the high house prices... Well, that is what I heard on the radio last year....

Gosh, it sounds like a David Attenborough wildlife documentary doesn't it... "Here we find Jeremy Aston Martinous out searching for food having returned home to discover that Ocadus Deliverius had forgotten the Italian tomatoes. Unaware to Jeremy a local Britanicus Africus, dominant in the area, decides to mark his territory...."

Apparently the pushchair he is pushing costs about £1,000 - Mumsnet has its uses.

I hope it doesn't get "keyed". The paint job would be horrendous.

The costs are horrendous because the owner probably doesn't want a common or garden paint job when getting it fixed. You could get that blended in for £300 a panel, but it would be visible to an expert, and knock thousands off the price. So I'd want the wing taken back to bare metal (probably taken off), resprayed, ditto with the door, and rear wing. I'd want the colour match to be absolutely precise, including the metallic texture. That is a very expensive job to do well.

You can get an ordinary car resprayed for a grand. A proper job, done to perfection, is more than 5 grand.

This is, perhaps, a visible sign of the housing bubble in London where, supposedly, middle-class professionals are now 'gentrifying areas like Hackney, Tottenham, etc, having been driven out of their traditional areas due to the high house prices... Well, that is what I heard on the radio last year....

Gosh, it sounds like a David Attenborough wildlife documentary doesn't it... "Here we find Jeremy Aston Martinous out searching for food having returned home to discover that Ocadus Deliverius had forgotten the Italian tomatoes. Unaware to Jeremy a local Britanicus Africus, dominant in the area, decides to mark his territory...."

.... but the greatest enemy <dramatic pause> is MAN.