House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Unemployed Young People Will Be Sent To Work Boot Camp, Says Minister

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/17/unemployed-young-people-work-boot-camp-tory-minister

Young people without jobs will be sent to boot camp to prepare them for work as part of a “no excuses” approach to eradicating youth unemployment, said Matt Hancock, a Cabinet Office minister.

The senior Conservative, who heads David Cameron’s earn or learn taskforce, will set out plans for jobseekers aged between 18 and 21 to be placed on an intensive activity programme within the first three weeks of submitting a claim.

They will get an initial three-week intensive course of practising job applications and interviews, which will then be regularly reviewed by a dedicated job coach.

The new requirements outlined on Monday will be in place by April 2017, as part of a wider policy, first announced by Cameron before the election, that jobless 18- to 21-year-olds would be required to do work experience as well as job searching or face losing their benefits.

And the jobs will be where for these people? I'm guessing some people will be living in the more economically deprived areas of the UK and the plan for jobs is what????

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/17/unemployed-young-people-work-boot-camp-tory-minister

And the jobs will be where for these people? I'm guessing some people will be living in the more economically deprived areas of the UK and the plan for jobs is what????

If the kids taking the courses have any sense; another country.

Young people lacking motivation to work, i'm sure has nothing to do with depressed wages and leaders calling them useless.

Allowing in MILLIONS! of cheap workers to undercut them, is a total coincidence..

:wacko:

Edited by SleepyHead

Young people lacking motivation to work, i'm sure has nothing to do with depressed wages and leaders calling them useless.

Allowing in MILLIONS! of cheap workers to undercut them, is a total coincidence..

There is a relationship between earning ability and cost of living and motivation to work.

Then consider the frontier worker - they are highly motivated because of the leverage they have to play with - every £1 they earn goes literally 5 times plus further in their home country. Many young British workers would love to have a country they could go to where they could earn five times the average UK salary without a visa or a question put to them when crossing into that country. There is no such country for them, and their home country has become prohibitively expensive just to even have some modest ambition like owning property.

So the Tories appear to think anyone under 25 is subhuman.

How many of these people are going to grow up to be Tory voters, after having been put through 'boot camp', loaded down with debt, and with no hope of earning enough for a decent life?

It makes zero sense. I thought the Conservatives were all about 'one nation' and 'all in it together'.

There is a relationship between earning ability and cost of living and motivation to work.

Then consider the frontier worker - they are highly motivated because of the leverage they have to play with - every £1 they earn goes literally 5 times plus further in their home country. Many young British workers would love to have a country they could go to where they could earn five times the average UK salary without a visa or a question put to them when crossing into that country. There is no such country for them, and their home country has become prohibitively expensive just to even have some modest ambition like owning property.being able to afford to run a car

Corrected for you

There is no such country for them, and their home country has become prohibitively expensive just to even have some modest ambition like owning property.being able to afford to run a car

The erosion of ambition has been quicker than even I guessed....! Give it 10 years and we'll be grateful if our governments can allow us to earn enough money to feed ourselves.

If there was ever a generation more dumped on than this one. (War time excepted, but then they were fighting for something).

It is politics fitting a well-constructed meme; particularly nasty and ignorant of the reality. Add to that all those youths kept out of the workforce through what is in effect 'extended school'.

:wacko:

Here in the big city there are plenty of coffee bars like Starbucks and Pret a Manger, that employ smart and diligent EU migrant workers for 7 or 8 pounds a hour. Those companies gain by employing the Eurograds who are happy to stay in overcrowded cheap digs for the chance to polish off their English and experience their first freedom away from home. I'm not even sure that an increase in the minimum wage will change this. Will the coffee bars really want to employ surly local youth whose second word is "innit"? Having said that companies like Greggs and Weatherspoons manage to employ good local workers so perhaps there is a way?

If there was ever a generation more dumped on than this one. (War time excepted, but then they were fighting for something).

It is politics fitting a well-constructed meme; particularly nasty and ignorant of the reality. Add to that all those youths kept out of the workforce through what is in effect 'extended school'.

Everythging has been push to it's extent.

Schooling. Debt. Life expectancy. Working age. First Time Buying.

The pot is now empty.....cue the trouble

Here in the big city there are plenty of coffee bars like Starbucks and Pret a Manger, that employ smart and diligent EU migrant workers for 7 or 8 pounds a hour. Those companies gain by employing the Eurograds who are happy to stay in overcrowded cheap digs for the chance to polish off their English and experience their first freedom away from home. I'm not even sure that an increase in the minimum wage will change this. Will the coffee bars really want to employ surly local youth whose second word is "innit"? Having said that companies like Greggs and Weatherspoons manage to employ good local workers so perhaps there is a way?

Racism.

Edited by SleepyHead

They will get an initial three-week intensive course of practising job applications and interviews, which will then be regularly reviewed by a dedicated job coach.

Yes, let's spend loads of taxpayers' money to intensify the competition for non-existent jobs.

Will this be outsourced?

Will they use Emma Harrison's services?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Harrison_(entrepreneur)

Whose organisation will be on the taxpayer funded gravy train this time around?

Surely it would be better to offer these people a free internet connection, as that is where jobs are found nowadays? Or is that too sensible?

Er, yup, my suspicion also. :blink:

Right wing theory states that 'the only reason you don't work is because you REFUSE TO!' Its as simple as that. They never consider the fact that there are no jobs. Also if you have a degree in say, engineering you should also be competing with the uneducated for McJobs.

The same is happening in Australia where I now reside. The so called Prime minister once stated that 'Homelessness is a lifestyle choice' and actually believes it. They recently tried to remove the dole for under 30's for the first 6 months of unemployment.. stating that the absence of UBenefit would automatically give the unemployed an automatic path to work..

Its a typical right wing psychopathic pastime of 'blaming the victim'

Right wing theory states that 'the only reason you don't work is because you REFUSE TO!' Its as simple as that. They never consider the fact that there are no jobs. Also if you have a degree in say, engineering you should also be competing with the uneducated for McJobs.

The same is happening in Australia where I now reside. The so called Prime minister once stated that 'Homelessness is a lifestyle choice' and actually believes it. They recently tried to remove the dole for under 30's for the first 6 months of unemployment.. stating that the absence of UBenefit would automatically give the unemployed an automatic path to work..

Its a typical right wing psychopathic pastime of 'blaming the victim'

How else can they afford the triple lock boomers benefits so they can carry on living in their family houses with several spare rooms?

Yes, let's spend loads of taxpayers' money to intensify the competition for non-existent jobs.

Will this be outsourced?

Will they use Emma Harrison's services?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Harrison_(entrepreneur)

Quite.

Lets not give the unemployed the pittance they are due in dole money lets but steal it for our chums in the 'Make Work' racket instead

Sickening

Edited by stormymonday_2011

They didn't make any mention of the boot camp idea during the May general election.

Boot camp - another american term. If they have to do it why not call it a training course and why not do it as part of school so they don't have to be "sent" anywhere. They used to have teachers who could do that sort of stuff. If not why not train the teachers to teach it - that would cost less.

No doubt boot camp for the young unemployed is an idea from the same people who came up with and run the UK's crazy house price and housing policy.

Edited by billybong

disgusting. create a landscape in which the jobs exist - such as, for example, not allowing imports from countries with no environmental/working condition costs to be sold here without tarriffs - and then I might buy the argument that the yoof are needing a kick. Right now, this is like force feeding a fattie cream cakes and then calling them fat. What the F& did they expect to happen after globalisation?

Most of them wanted to go though, at least at the start?

I wonder if anyone, under 30 and with even limited common sense, would participate in signing up or agree to be conscripted into the forces today?

I wonder if anyone, under 30 and with even limited common sense, would participate in signing up or agree to be conscripted into the forces today?

Sadly yes. If anything the propaganda machine, and other tools of control are even better developed. They had no problem getting people to take part in the rematch in the 1940s.