House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

How Many People Can You Fit In A Train?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3199958/Crush-hour-Migrants-desperate-start-new-life-West-jam-trains-heading-Macedonia-Serbia.html

2B69385400000578-3199958-image-a-9_14397

2B69493600000578-3199958-image-a-24_1439

2B69442300000578-3199958-image-a-17_1439

Are these the last trains ever???? Does everybody need to get on the same train at once, pity they are electric trains as they'd be able to get people on the roof.

They're the much-publicised gravy trains. ?

I think they in for a bit of fight. Serbia has not exactly been an "Island of Peace" in recent times. Why would they want to go there?

I think they in for a bit of fight. Serbia has not exactly been an "Island of Peace" in recent times. Why would they want to go there?

To get into the EU through Serbia which isn't a member to Hungary, which is. Hence my gravy train comment...

Don't think the Hungarians want them either? :blink: Actually nobody does. :wacko:

I hate what has happened to this country immigration wise since 97 and see it as a real threat to our way of life in western Europe, but does no one see desperate frightened people fighting for their lives in a world that doesn't give a damn.

I think each life is a tale of sorrow and genuine desparation and the flippant comments both here and in the MAIL website are impo in poor taste

I'm not a hugzz person and am pretty right-wing but I know tragedy when I see it

There but for the grace of God...

To get into the EU through Serbia which isn't a member to Hungary, which is. Hence my gravy train comment...

Strange, as given Gevgelija is on the Greek border. If they'd walked 1km south, they'd be in the EU.

Oddly enough, last night, in my dreams, I was trying to get a train somewhere.

I had an argument with the man in the ticket window. Odd how so many of my dreams seem to involve me having arguments with people. I'm not actually like that in real life.

I then made my way up to the platform to see a full train about to leave. It was so full that people were pressed against the glass with their faces ballooning like Violet from 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'.

As the train began to pull away from the platform they all burst, like the little blackcurrants in the Ribena advert.

I really must stop posting my dreams publicly.

I hate what has happened to this country immigration wise since 97 and see it as a real threat to our way of life in western Europe, but does no one see desperate frightened people fighting for their lives in a world that doesn't give a damn.

I think each life is a tale of sorrow and genuine desparation and the flippant comments both here and in the MAIL website are impo in poor taste

I'm not a hugzz person and am pretty right-wing but I know tragedy when I see it

There but for the grace of God...

I appreciate your comments. Yes these people look desperate. I don't know where they are from, or from what they are escaping, but it takes a bit, to leave everything you know. Maybe they have a rose tinted view of life in the EU however? If any get the UK, which will be a popular destination, because we speak English, they will either end up in some kind of resettlement centre, renting a converted garage off a "landlord" or in a tower block full of junkies. The answer is not machine guns at Dover, but I don't know what the answer is. :unsure:

Oddly enough, last night, in my dreams, I was trying to get a train somewhere.

I had an argument with the man in the ticket window. Odd how so many of my dreams seem to involve me having arguments with people. I'm not actually like that in real life.

I then made my way up to the platform to see a full train about to leave. It was so full that people were pressed against the glass with their faces ballooning like Violet from 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'.

As the train began to pull away from the platform they all burst, like the little blackcurrants in the Ribena advert.

I really must stop posting my dreams publicly.

They say dreams mean something but I usually find they just mean I've eaten too much Stilton before bed.

It's like frickin dairy LSD that stuff.

A lot of migrants appear to come from places where the old colonial structures have broken down eg Eritrea or Sudan, or where we have recently bombed eg Iraq or Libya. Not sure what the answer will be, but we could try and build up their countries again? Horrible to see a family of women and children trying to get on a boat but making it unsafe through sheer numbers.

One possible solution - get China to rebuild their countries. Trouble is, China exports a lot of migrants too.

Not that shocking really.... There are people crammed into expensive trains having to travel everyday, not always to a place they want to be......one really packed cheap train, one journey to a place they want to be going....what's wrong with that?...little price to pay.

I've lost faith with humanity too much to give a damn about anyone I don't know personally.

Strange, as given Gevgelija is on the Greek border. If they'd walked 1km south, they'd be in the EU.

Perhaps they're too lazy to walk?

Edit to say perhaps the Greeks police their borders too well.