House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turned Out Nice Again

Cultural Marxism - Real? Or Right-Wing Paranoia?

Look at it, if you can bear to. With its cluttered burst of both right-angled and diagonal radiating lines, the British flag is heavy and overbearing, forceful and strident. On a battlefield it would make sense.

Ironically, the union jack is currently the most popular flag based design icon in the world. Look at any tv report from foreign climes, and you will see it on teenagers clothing, their walls, their bags, on furniture. It seems to have endured for quite a few years too, and has to some extent replaced the previously all conquering american flag.

Also ironically, I never liked it much myself when I was younger. I seem to have been influenced by mass market design culture into quite liking it.

It is so obviously a provocateur click bait article that it is simply not worth giving it the attention on the internet it so obviously craves. Just another example of the Guardian being the Daily Mail in drag.

+1

Deliberate wind-up IMO.

It is so obviously a provocateur click bait article that it is simply not worth giving it the attention on the internet it so obviously craves. Just another example of the Guardian being the Daily Mail in drag.

I believe it is called "Virtue signalling"

Shame newspapers resort to this sort of drivel. It was early when I caught this thread and it wasn't the Daily Mash. :unsure:

I believe it is called "Virtue signalling"

I had to look that up. :unsure:

Heh, my comment "This is some good clickbait, the Guardian these days is the anti-Mail" got moderated.

Guilty conscience from the bullshitters or something? Haha.

Heh, my comment "This is some good clickbait, the Guardian these days is the anti-Mail" got moderated.

This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't abide by our community standards. Replies may also be deleted. For more detail see our FAQs.

Someone... somewhere... might be offended and we can't have that!

This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't abide by our community standards. Replies may also be deleted. For more detail see our FAQs.

Someone... somewhere... might be offended and we can't have that!

So much for Comment is Free from the Jackbooted Nazis of the Guardian.

So much for Comment is Free from the Jackbooted Nazis of the Guardian.

I might have more sympathy with the Guardian if I thought the paper actually believed in what it published but it is clearly more interested in simply getting up the clicks to generate ad revenue. In that respect it is just like the Mail which it now mimics in so many ways in a PC parallel universe. It has become a strange world where I find that Rupert Murdoch is a more honest publisher because he at least has the decency to put his stuff behind a pay wall.

I might have more sympathy with the Guardian if I thought the paper actually believed in what it published but it is clearly more interested in simply getting up the clicks to generate ad revenue. In that respect it is just like the Mail which it now mimics in so many ways in a PC parallel universe. It has become a strange world where I find that Rupert Murdoch is a more honest publisher because he at least has the decency to put his stuff behind a pay wall.

At least the DM has pretty women in it.

Maybe, it's an Emporers New Clothes type of thing.

I expect "big" newspapers to be serious, and not full of lifestyle tripe, and "silly opinions".

Except the News of the World, of course. :wacko:

An Iron Curtain has descended between Jeremy Clarkson's written thoughts and most of the internet.

Yes, mostly agree. The good thing about Murdoch's stuff being behind a paywall is that it has turned into an irrelevance. I can't remember the last time I read the Times, or saw anyone reading it on my regular train journey. Once the current crop of readers dies out, it's hard to see how they'll be replaced as the Times simply isn't visible in the way it used to be.

The problem is that all other papers are starting to turn into parodies of themselves. The headlines become more extreme to invite clicks, the commentary more controversial to get the "engagement" figures up.

As a leftie, the really sad thing about the Guardian is that it is both unrecognisable as the paper I used to read, and in some ways as poisonous as the Mail.