House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Whatever Happened To Lager And Lime?

I remember when the singer of The Wurzels reluctantly gave up this beverage to win the affections and forty acres of a female fellow landowner...

But now I can't recall the last time I heard anyone order it....

Did lager and lime basically morph into alcopops?

I can't drink lime juice for some reason. It gives me a strange itching sensation that runs down my back and spine.

Did lager and lime basically morph into alcopops?

I can't drink lime juice for some reason. It gives me a strange itching sensation that runs down my back and spine.

I never quite "got" alcopops. Have they gone now?

Quite happy to put a dash of lime in lager though.

Or Snakebite?

The soon to be drunk student's favourite tipple? :blink:

Does the barmaid smack you one?

Well done. I failed to spot the innuendo. Shame on me. :o

I think him indoors's mum drnks it sometimes.

I am currently drinking fruit vodka with lemonade.

Fruit vodka made by putting tons of fruit in vodka, adding sugar and then leaving until Christmas like a rumtoff

I think him indoors's mum drnks it sometimes.

I am currently drinking fruit vodka with lemonade.

Fruit vodka made by putting tons of fruit in vodka, adding sugar and then leaving until Christmas like a rumtoff

Well you haven't left it until Christmas, have you? You will have a bit of a hangover for the Harvest Festival. I don't think any will be left by Christmas.

Well you haven't left it until Christmas, have you? You will have a bit of a hangover for the Harvest Festival. I don't think any will be left by Christmas.

This is last years.

THis years is still with fruit.

I thought polite to finish last years before draining next years into bottles. It may take me until Christmas.

I never quite "got" alcopops. Have they gone now? Quite happy to put a dash of lime in lager though.

Remember going to a wholesalers in Birmingham, in the late nineties, and they had absolutely masses of Martini Metz, as it was flying out the door. Had a huge marketing campaign but now disappeared. Think Hooch and similar had already waned. I guess, from the noughties onwards, you were into the Bacardi Breezer years.

Top Deck shandy did a Lager and Lime version, I used to sell it, not as much as Panda Pops shandy, made with badger beer, though - it was absolutely disgusting.

One thing I do notice with lemonade is it seems to be more sickly sweet, these days, than ever before, unless it's my own taste buds altered by age.

Remember going to a wholesalers in Birmingham, in the late nineties, and they had absolutely masses of Martini Metz, as it was flying out the door. Had a huge marketing campaign but now disappeared. Think Hooch and similar had already waned. I guess, from the noughties onwards, you were into the Bacardi Breezer years.

Top Deck shandy did a Lager and Lime version, I used to sell it, not as much as Panda Pops shandy, made with badger beer, though - it was absolutely disgusting.

One thing I do notice with lemonade is it seems to be more sickly sweet, these days, than ever before, unless it's my own taste buds altered by age.

I think Two Dogs was one of the first alcopops. Lemonade that got you pi$$ed. From memory it was actually quite bitter.

If lager and lime is finished does the same apply to cider and black?

It was great coming of age at the time alcopops came to market, blackcurrant hooch was great although I've been scouring the internet for a picture of my favourite, a red coloured drink in a clear bottle with a black label called RED, if i remember correctly.

A pint of Caffreys (in the days before they watered it down) and a RED chaser. Once you'd had half a pint, you'd pour the rest of the RED in your pint. Long before the term turbo shandy was known. Great days.

Sol with a lime wedge rammed in the top

Corona 'n' lime. Great when you are out on the lash and have got to the stage where you can't taste anything.

Corona_zpst6pklanb.jpg

Does the barmaid smack you one?

probably does when she gives you the pint,you look at it,and you retort "please could I have a bit more head?"

Lager and Lime was doomed when the pubs started charging an extra 30p for a 1p shot of Lime.cordial.

Another bugbear is why does a shandy always cost the same as a pint of bitter. Am always tempted to buy a half a bitter and a small lemonade and mix it myself.

Third bugbear - my soft drink of choice is tonic water. But not at £6+ for half a pint which is what it costs if they use the little mixer bottles.

Third bugbear - my soft drink of choice is tonic water. But not at £6+ for half a pint which is what it costs if they use the little mixer bottles.

It's enough to drive you to drink.

Lager and Lime was doomed when the pubs started charging an extra 30p for a 1p shot of Lime.cordial.

Another bugbear is why does a shandy always cost the same as a pint of bitter. Am always tempted to buy a half a bitter and a small lemonade and mix it myself.

They are wicked with the overpriced soft drinks, which is why I stick to overpriced ale instead. :blink:

I reckon the lime cordial is about the same price as lager, so if they put a dash in, you have exactly that much less lager, and therefore the price should be the same. :blink:

It was great coming of age at the time alcopops came to market, blackcurrant hooch was great although I've been scouring the internet for a picture of my favourite, a red coloured drink in a clear bottle with a black label called RED, if i remember correctly.

A pint of Caffreys (in the days before they watered it down) and a RED chaser. Once you'd had half a pint, you'd pour the rest of the RED in your pint. Long before the term turbo shandy was known. Great days.

You used to be able to get a 'box' of bottles of Red in It's A Scream pubs for £10 or something in the late 90's. Needless to say this would generally facilitate a round of 'strawpeedo's'. Red really was almost the perfect alcopop - pleasant taste and flat - perfect for necking.

Remember going to a wholesalers in Birmingham, in the late nineties, and they had absolutely masses of Martini Metz, as it was flying out the door. Had a huge marketing campaign but now disappeared. T

Classic advert