House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saving For a Space Ship

Time For A Motorcycle Thread

I enjoyed this vid, and thought we should have an hpc motorcycle thread, as I don't remember a specific one.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/14/watch-expemotion-e-raw-electric-motorcycle-take-shape/

Watch Expemotion E-Raw electric motorcycle take wonderful shape Newfangled Machine Created With Age Old Processes

Should you and your motorbike wear matching outfits?

It reminds me of those couples you see out on country walks with colourful matching jackets.

Tell your motorbike to get its own look.

It's a bit yellow. :blink:

I had a bright yellow NS125R about 15 years ago...I got it resprayed, then dropped it on its fairing a couple of days later... Do Lexus do bikes?

I had a bright yellow NS125R about 15 years ago...I got it resprayed, then dropped it on its fairing a couple of days later... Do Lexus do bikes?

I wonder if there is any correlation between car and motorcycle colours. What looks OK on a bike might look silly on a car.

Toyota have never done bikes to my knowledge. Honda started off with bikes and now does cars too. Yamaha started off making pianos.

The worst motorcycle I ever had was a Cossack Ural 650.

Gotta watch out for them electric bicycles

I think the throttle control mechanism needs work.

The worst motorcycle I ever had was a Cossack Ural 650.

I always fancied an Ural - I imagined it would be like having a pre-war BMW without some of the old bike hassles. But I never did get one - everyone I asked had the same opinion as you...

I think the throttle control mechanism needs work.

I always fancied an Ural - I imagined it would be like having a pre-war BMW without some of the old bike hassles. But I never did get one - everyone I asked had the same opinion as you...

The Dnepr was better made and a bit more modern (in Ukraine I think). Both based on old BMW designs, but not made as well as a BMW, which like them or not, are built to a high quality.

The Dnepr was better made and a bit more modern (in Ukraine I think). Both based on old BMW designs, but not made as well as a BMW, which like them or not, are built to a high quality.

I may still get one - not at the top of the list at the moment, though.

I may still get one - not at the top of the list at the moment, though.

Get an old BMW instead. They seem to be ridden astronomical distances.

Should you and your motorbike wear matching outfits?

It reminds me of those couples you see out on country walks with colourful matching jackets.

Tell your motorbike to get its own look.

it can go to extremes ...

p01gxcj5.jpg

I`ve been thinking about what kind of bike to get .....going from a Keeway target (a Chinese `cub`) to a Triumph Tiger 800 and everything in between.

Help me! ...no please don't, I`m enjoying myself too much!

I`ve been thinking about what kind of bike to get .....going from a Keeway target (a Chinese `cub`) to a Triumph Tiger 800 and everything in between.

Help me! ...no please don't, I`m enjoying myself too much!

You have a full bike licence?

Yep.

Got mine in 1977 when it was a question of riding around the block a couple of times.

Mine says 6/12/1976.

What a buch of old farts we are? Can anyone predate that?

I'm not in that topbox BTW, and I think it's Brian Sewell's motorcycle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1329352/Why-did-BBC-use-Grayson-Perry-expert-spending-cuts.html

The BBC has been attacked for lavishing licence-payers’ money on a bizarre radio programme featuring a cross-dressing artist who has become one of its favourite commentators on Government spending cuts.

Grayson Perry was paid by Radio 4 to ride round Germany on a customised pink motorcycle with his childhood teddy, called Alan Measles, encased in a shrine on the back.

My bad.

I can't see Arnie riding that one.

I can see licence payers money is endless.

I'm saving the motorbike for my real mid life crisis rather than the existential angst of having no roots the priced out generation suffer from.

I had my mid life crisis in my twenties, and sold my Harley Davidson to get the deposit for a flat.

I enjoyed this vid, and thought we should have an hpc motorcycle thread, as I don't remember a specific one.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/14/watch-expemotion-e-raw-electric-motorcycle-take-shape/

Watch Expemotion E-Raw electric motorcycle take wonderful shape Newfangled Machine Created With Age Old Processes

I think they have missed the boat