House Price Crash Forum

Paleo Showering

Steppenpig

HOLA441

I have decided to only cleanse my body by wiping the sweat from my skin with bark scrapings (or kitchen roll, if unavailable) after spending two hours running down antelopes, just like the big genome in the sky intended all along. Today is day 1, and nobody seems to be recoiling in horror.

(bathroom closed for redecoration)

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

A mate of mine became an evangelist for not washing his hair with anything other than water. His gf went along with it for many months until one day he was waxing lyrical about how clean his hair was... and she shouted out that it wasn't and that it smelt awful.

She should get a Nobel prize for patience.

HOLA445

A mate of mine became an evangelist for not washing his hair with anything other than water. His gf went along with it for many months until one day he was waxing lyrical about how clean his hair was... and she shouted out that it wasn't and that it smelt awful.

Don't know how she put up with it for so,long. Unwashed hair smells horrible - you only have to sit behind someone on a bus. There was one of those 'anti-everything' blokes who used to come into the library where I worked - he used to stride about in shorts even in the depths of winter. We called him the Mad Professor - his hair stank so he was evidently anti-shampoo as well as everything else, and he had a seriously manky, scruffy beard to match.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I have decided to only cleanse my body by wiping the sweat from my skin with bark scrapings (or kitchen roll, if unavailable) after spending two hours running down antelopes, just like the big genome in the sky intended all along. Today is day 1, and nobody seems to be recoiling in horror.

Go and stand out in the warm rain. ;)

HOLA449

I actually stopped using soap about a year ago - I think, Mentioned it on a thread here. Was getting skin issues and decided to give it a go, No idea if it had anything to do with my skin getting better - but I havent used soap in the shower since. Dont notice any difference at all. I do shave my head though - so the dirty hair smell is something I dont have to worry about, Water seems to do me just fine.

And before anyone pipes up about people sstaying further away from me recently and sitting by myself on the bus :D - the ex burd was far from shy and would have pointed out if it wasnt working within seconds !!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Don't know how she put up with it for so,long. Unwashed hair smells horrible - you only have to sit behind someone on a bus. There was one of those 'anti-everything' blokes who used to come into the library where I worked - he used to stride about in shorts even in the depths of winter. We called him the Mad Professor - his hair stank so he was evidently anti-shampoo as well as everything else, and he had a seriously manky, scruffy beard to match.

i stopped using shampoo after my husband suggested it and it is working beautifully for both of us. just because you dont use shampoo does not mean you dont wash your hair with water. i wash my hair atleast twice a week and do not use any other products like hair conditioner etc and it has better bounce and shine than before. it is amazing how well it works. we have done it for 5-6 months and our hair smells good. my husband has very sensitive skin and getting rid of soap, shampoo and creams etc has had an amazing effect on his overall skin health. also the amount of stuff you have to carry during holidays is also reduced.

HOLA4412

If you pee on yourself first, the natural fragrance makes you quite irresistible to the girlies. ;)

HOLA4413

A lot of soaps and creams on the market are hype, they are made out to do this that and the other.......£50 a pot, special extracts of this and that, blinding people with science.....people fall for it........a pot 100ml of mild cheap moisturiser less than a couple of quid and a litre of mild shampoo for under a pound is as good as any £4 bottle, shampoo can clean skin and bath stuff can clean hair......or just put some salt in the water, just as good at cleansing. ;)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I use Johnson's baby shampoo. No problems so far.

A biography of Earnest Hemingway mentioned that he never washed with water. He'd wipe himself with surgical alcohol. I tried it once, not really the surgical stuff but 92% abv. ok for most of my body but the err sensitive bits stung like crazy. Is a great deodorant though.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Haha! I know the sort of person you mean. There was a woman at my university who never wore shoes, even in winter; she went around the streets barefoot. Her feet were black and caked with dirt, I suspect she didn't wash either.

Mind you that library bloke was probably irresistable to a certain kind of woman. Men like that usually seem to have some sort of polyamorous set up with an older earth-mother type and a younger hippy chick.

HOLA4418

i stopped using shampoo after my husband suggested it and it is working beautifully for both of us. just because you dont use shampoo does not mean you dont wash your hair with water. i wash my hair atleast twice a week and do not use any other products like hair conditioner etc and it has better bounce and shine than before. it is amazing how well it works. we have done it for 5-6 months and our hair smells good. my husband has very sensitive skin and getting rid of soap, shampoo and creams etc has had an amazing effect on his overall skin health. also the amount of stuff you have to carry during holidays is also reduced.

Why use sham poo when you can use real poo?

HOLA4419

Why use sham poo when you can use real poo?

I just knew you were the sort of OT person to bathe in your own excrement. :blink:;)

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

It wasn't that Jeremy Corbyn, was it?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
I think you're OK. It didn't go off.

Shilly article neatly avoids mentioning refined sugar and grains, the real and entirely reasonable paleo no,nos.

But I expect some doughnut munching chubbies will use it to validate their unhealthy lifestyles.

Archived