House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CHF

New Property Portal

Someones managed to express the greater fool theory in web code and pretty logos with stock city photos of London.

http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/724851-warrington-entrepreneur-s-property-portal-a-hit.html?news_section=4170

www.pring.co.uk

I can see this ending up like pass the parcel. 'Pass' meaning offload and 'parcel' representing steaming pile of risk.

Edited by CHF

Love this bit

"There was nowhere they could go to search for suitable investment properties in one place without spending hours and hours going through each property in a given location and working out the figures"

Heaven forbid that researching 100k+ 'investments' might take a little time.

I have only been on it about five mins and can already see lots of areas for improvement.

The stats charts look wrong to me for starters (£100k for a 1-bed flat in central london? I wish!)

But it's weakest point is that you have to put in a location to search. It's search engine seems to only look through the address, so you mostly have to search by postcode and forget putting in "London" or anything else vague because you will have no hits. Moreover, this is a parameter which interests an owner occupier more than an investor whose starting point should be yield, growth potential etc. They also have all those stars (rentability, saleability etc), but no idea on what they are based and you cannot search based on it.

My five cents worth.

I have only been on it about five mins and can already see lots of areas for improvement.

The stats charts look wrong to me for starters (£100k for a 1-bed flat in central london? I wish!)

But it's weakest point is that you have to put in a location to search. It's search engine seems to only look through the address, so you mostly have to search by postcode and forget putting in "London" or anything else vague because you will have no hits. Moreover, this is a parameter which interests an owner occupier more than an investor whose starting point should be yield, growth potential etc. They also have all those stars (rentability, saleability etc), but no idea on what they are based and you cannot search based on it.

My five cents worth.

Average Rental Price In london

-1 bedroom 925 (that minus one bedroom)

1 bedroom 538

2 bedrooms 720

How do you have minus one bedroom?!

Who the hell made up the numbers for this thing?

Take a look at your own area - it's pure fantasy. They have a 5 bed sh*tbox near me - asking price £465,000, rental £6,041 (per month, not per year!)

Then we have a 3 bed bungalow - asking £780,000; rent £1,473 (loving the -ve 1.44 ROI!)

Gave me a good fun 10 minutes shouting WTF at my laptop though - should have written the site in Chinese since they are probably the only ones that will believe the numbers.

"Properties not available in my area yet", so it suggested some properties in a postcode nearby, helpfully.

Courtesy of AA route finder it turns out to require a one way commute of 316.1 miles or 5 hrs 08 mins

Edited by LiveinHope