House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Saxophones

Now that I'm unemployed and bored, I think I would like to get one. Does anyone here have knowledge of these things? I have never tried one in my life. I think an alto one would be a good size to start with.

Obviously I am tempted by the big contra-bass ones that wont fit on the bus. :huh:

Lovely sound. My niece has a beautiful blue one.

Is that a special girly size one? They do seem to be available in different sizes.

You're looking for someone who speaks Citroën? :blink:

Mr Sax was Belgian.

Is that a special girly size one? They do seem to be available in different sizes.

No I think it was a tenor. She's 5'11, so hardly little girly height.

No I think it was a tenor. She's 5'11, so hardly little girly height.

What a smashing "Duchess size"! I was thinking of tiny girls playing little squeaky ones. Still for me, the sax is just in the back of my mind. Maybe a tenor would be more my size. They get more expensive as they get bigger, like ukuleles. :huh: I don't have a big ukulele yet.

You have to get one, Pin!

I would love to be able to play the Saxophone. And the piano. And the cello actually.

But yeah, the Sax would be top of my wind instrument list. Great way to spend your extra time.

Plus the ladies love it, check out this stud:

You have to get one, Pin!

I would love to be able to play the Saxophone. And the piano. And the cello actually.

But yeah, the Sax would be top of my wind instrument list. Great way to spend your extra time.

Plus the ladies love it, check out this stud:

Music is one way, Mr Joe. I'm a "generic" musician really, a half arsed guitarist, and worse on the keyboard. I just like to try everything, and I realised this morning I do not have a Saxophone. :blink:

One of my friends is properly trained on the cello. I think it must be quite hard to work properly.

Music is one way, Mr Joe. I'm a "generic" musician really, a half arsed guitarist, and worse on the keyboard. I just like to try everything, and I realised this morning I do not have a Saxophone. :blink:

One of my friends is properly trained on the cello. I think it must be quite hard to work properly.

Yes I'm half arsed too - it's no bad thing. Tried getting lessons with a jazz teacher who wanted to teach me standards that move through several keys blah blah blah...bored the **** of me.

I'd like to know a bit of theory but just enough to pick apart the average 5 chord 4 minute pop song.

Yes I'm half arsed too - it's no bad thing. Tried getting lessons with a jazz teacher who wanted to teach me standards that move through several keys blah blah blah...bored the **** of me.

I'd like to know a bit of theory but just enough to pick apart the average 5 chord 4 minute pop song.

Have you tried a guitar? All the chords are online nowadays, and the lessons. :mellow: But it's you that has to play it, and it takes a bit of practice to get going. You can't be taught "JAZZ" BTW. You sort of get it after a while. Doesn't suit some people's brains.

Have you tried a guitar? All the chords are online nowadays, and the lessons. :mellow: But it's you that has to play it, and it takes a bit of practice to get going. You can't be taught "JAZZ" BTW. You sort of get it after a while. Doesn't suit some people's brains.

I have a strat, a les paul, a tele, a 70's reissue jazz bass, a fretless jazz bass, a 70's reissue p bass and an acoustic.

I can play 'a little bit' and I've written a few tunes but I lack the concentration and discipline to practice on any regular basis.

I have a strat, a les paul, a tele, a 70's reissue jazz bass, a fretless jazz bass, a 70's reissue p bass and an acoustic.

I can play 'a little bit' and I've written a few tunes but I lack the concentration and discipline to practice on any regular basis.

Crikey, you are as bad as I am.

I do have a Telecaster, A Martin acoustic, and a couple of Gretsches! I don't have a bass. I'd better get one before we run out.

Jazz Bass is a good choice, because of the thin neck. You need big "gardening hands" for a Preccision Bass.

Now that I'm unemployed and bored, I think I would like to get one. Does anyone here have knowledge of these things? I have never tried one in my life. I think an alto one would be a good size to start with.

Obviously I am tempted by the big contra-bass ones that wont fit on the bus. :huh:

You don't want one of those new-fangled things. Get a Fagotto!

You don't want one of those new-fangled things. Get a Fagotto!

Tempt me not with Satan's double reed. Actually I think they are great. ;)

How did you know about my basoon fetish? :unsure:

Tempt me not with Satan's double reed. Actually I think they are great. ;)

How did you know about my basoon fetish? :unsure:

Just a wild stab in the dark...

Crikey, you are as bad as I am.

I do have a Telecaster, A Martin acoustic, and a couple of Gretsches! I don't have a bass. I'd better get one before we run out.

Jazz Bass is a good choice, because of the thin neck. You need big "gardening hands" for a Preccision Bass.

Yeah I got the p bass because so many of my heros play them but they're a bugger to play! I do prefer a slimmer neck.

Yeah I got the p bass because so many of my heros play them but they're a bugger to play! I do prefer a slimmer neck.

Too big aren't they! I'd have a Jazz bass. Now you have brought to my attention, a thing I don't have. A Bass.

Maybe I need one? Oh sh1t! :blink:

Too big aren't they! I'd have a Jazz bass. Now you have brought to my attention, a thing I don't have. A Bass.

Maybe I need one? Oh sh1t! :blink:

Keep an eye on Gumrtree for a jazz; check with the sold prices on ebay that your not paying over the odds. Buy a fender of some description - it will hold it's value!

What a smashing "Duchess size"! I was thinking of tiny girls playing little squeaky ones. Still for me, the sax is just in the back of my mind. Maybe a tenor would be more my size. They get more expensive as they get bigger, like ukuleles. :huh: I don't have a big ukulele yet.

She's really more of model build and struggling to get her Parachute instructors tickets as she's so light!

Do your gretches have a Bigsby tremolo? I'd really like one of those...

They both have. You can get them with or without. I reckon it's best to have one, even if you don't use it. Just looks cool.

I have a Falcon in white, and a Jet in red. Both with the "long" 25.5 inch scale Falcons always have the long neck, but Jets not so often

Gosh, if I had children I couldn't have splurged so much money on myself. ^_^

She's really more of model build and struggling to get her Parachute instructors tickets as she's so light!

Sounds like an interesting lady. Sometimes I wish I were younger.

Maybe if she took a large saxophone, she would weigh more?

They both have. You can get them with or without. I reckon it's best to have one, even if you don't use it. Just looks cool.

I have a Falcon in white, and a Jet in red. Both with the "long" 25.5 inch scale Falcons always have the long neck, but Jets not so often

Gosh, if I had children I couldn't have splurged so much money on myself. ^_^

Yes it's he big plus about being single and child free - you can have pretty much any guitar you want!

Yes it's he big plus about being single and child free - you can have pretty much any guitar you want!

Guess I'm pretty selfish, not evil though! ^_^