House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Meteors

Well I've not seen one yet, but sitting outside in shorts and sandals with a beer is pleasure in of itself. I love summer.

Anybody seen one?

Not due until after 23:00 hours apparently.

Though as I have enlightened several people, look at the sky for ten minutes any night and you'll see one.

Counting chasing meteors. They fell a hundred years ago.

Well I've not seen one yet, but sitting outside in shorts and sandals with a beer is pleasure in of itself. I love summer.

Anybody seen one?

I think I may have read "Day of the triffids" one too many times.

Last night whilst having a piss outside I saw 2. Then sat outside with my daughter and saw 3 more in the space of 10 minutes. Plan to go out later when it's a bit darker.

Nothing yet, but it's nice anyway.

Plenty of stars visible tonight. It's one of the great pluses of being out of London.

Except if, like me, you're in Cowes. Cowes week in full swing. The marina is northwest of me. I can hardly see the stars and ten minutes spent in the garden saw no meteors. The damn laser from the disco keeps sweeping across the sky and ruining my night vision. There's a few light planes and a helicopter flying around, too. To add insult to injury, I can't hear the music properly. Meh. ?

I saw one just now but I seem to be killing my lawn. Now, based on dogs, that means I'm a bitch right?

Either you don't have enough minerals - you are deficent in magnesium, maganese, potasium, etc - or you are just passing out the toxins. You could try increasing your water intake to make your urine more diluted.

Or you could simply stop p*ssing on your lawn.

I would eat a lot more bananas and green leafy veg... or take supplements... and increase your water intake.

Saw 3 in about 5 minutes in East Yorkshire about 22:30. Then got bored and concerned for my neighbours as I was standing in the garden in my pants.

How considerate of you to put underwear on.

I saw one just now but I seem to be killing my lawn. Now, based on dogs, that means I'm a bitch right?

As a general point, best avoided on frosty nights, however satisfying the crunchy noises are.

Except if, like me, you're in Cowes. Cowes week in full swing. The marina is northwest of me. I can hardly see the stars and ten minutes spent in the garden saw no meteors. The damn laser from the disco keeps sweeping across the sky and ruining my night vision. There's a few light planes and a helicopter flying around, too. To add insult to injury, I can't hear the music properly. Meh.

Is Cowes week part of the summer social calendar?

I've only been to the IoW once and, considering how small it is, was surprised at how long it took to drive from Fishbourne to The Needles. Nice rugged countryside though.

I think you all using meteors as an excuse to piss in the garden.

A quick search on t'internet suggests I should be walking around spraying my wee randomly across my lawn whilst looking up at the stars rather than depositing nitrogen in a concentrated area.

I have a couple of patches where I tend to have a wee - I have been conducting an experiment - and the areas where I pee not only does the grass grow more rapidly but it is much darker and more lushess looking.

I think you are confusing having a wee with spreading fertiliser :o

I may have mentioned this before, but when one of my mates does a barbecue (nice blokey stuff), his wife insists the blokes wee on the compost heap. No meteors involved.

It's a bit cloudy, and there's too much light from the council offices, so I didn't see meteors when I looked earlier.

I may have mentioned this before, but when one of my mates does a barbecue (nice blokey stuff), his wife insists the blokes wee on the compost heap. No meteors involved.

Is 'compost heap' slang for something?