House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rave

Dr John Hinds

Everyone should see this whether they're interested in road racing or completely indifferent. Most of it's fine but there's NSFW footage of some gore.

I've learned two valuable things from it:

1) That I should stop taking the piss on my scooter and just leave for work 2 minutes earlier

2) That I should stop coasting and try and achieve something out of the ordinary with my life. Dr John must have saved dozens of lives before he carked it. He was slightly younger than me.

RIP.

How much gore?

Mainly the insides of a racer's foot that was no longer attached to his body enough to be salveageable. Bones, basically.

Mainly the insides of a racer's foot that was no longer attached to his body enough to be salveageable. Bones, basically.

Um, at what time should I stop watching if I wish to avoid the gore?

Skip from 31-32 mins. The foot that can't be reconstructed is at 31.25.

But to be honest if you can stick it out do, what makes it such a life affirming video is a highly intelligent long haired NI geezer talking dispassionately about injuries and passionately about the sport he loved and which ultimately killed him. I think the best tribute to such a fine man would be for people to watch this video to learn how to deal with serious injuries, and also at the same time to appreciate a cracking bloke.

Edid: Youtube have helpfully decided that the gory foot shot is ideal as a splash screen. That's as bad as it gets visually; IRL the bloke lost his foot.

Pretty bad! I've ridden motorcycles, but I wouldn't do racing.