House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scunnered

Who Is Taylor Swift?

Could just be very good PR (not that she really needs it over and above the usual stuff) but she does come across a lot better than a lot of teeny pop singers..

Apparently she is a very accomplished singer, songwriter, baker of cakes and astutue businesswoman. I find this incredible as, from what I can make out, she spends most days walking out of her NY appartment wearing a new outfit daily so that she can be photographed.

I have not worked out how she finds the time to actually go shopping for new clothes let alone to do all the other stuff. Methinks she has an awful lot of people behind her managing everything.

Taylor Swift sounds like a branch of estate agents! -_-

Did something specific happen to cause it? She seems fairly interchangeable with numerous others (an old bloke writes).

Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate

Wasn't she originally country and moved into pop?

She did a good job of pissing off huge swathes of her country fans in the process but seems to have exponentially grown her fan base since transitioning to pop.

I was a fan of some her earlier work (thought she was a good songwriter for one so young). The last few years? Meh.

As TMT alluded, based on the papers, she appears to be a slightly more talented version of Kim Kardashian.

Another one I haven't a clue about. While away recently I picked up a couple of 'celeb' mags someone had left lying around - I had never heard of at least 80% of the people they were gushing or bitching about. It was quite an education in what I haven't been missing.

As TMT alluded, based on the papers, she appears to be a slightly more talented version of Kim Kardashian.

That was going to be my next question...

SMITHERS: Good evening.

MAGNUS: Thank you. In the first heat your chosen subject was Answering Questions Before They Were Asked. This time you have chosen to Answer the Question Before Last each time. Is that correct?

SMITHERS: Charlie Smithers.

MAGNUS: And your time starts now. Which animal's name literally translates as river horse?

SMITHERS: Yes, absolutely correct.

MAGNUS: Correct. What is a head louse?

SMITHERS: A hippopotamus.

MAGNUS: Correct. What is Taylor Swift?

SMITHERS: A highly infectious parasite that particularly targets young people.

MAGNUS: Correct. What is another name for a broken sewing machine?

SMITHERS: A bad singer.

MAGNUS: Correct.

@AntiCelebrity* 'Celebrities are house slaves; paid by the master class to shift attention of the people from revolt to gossip'

*Twitter account now suspended

She is a skinny chick who sings a bit and got lucky. No doubt she is intelligent, a bit driven, and understands the media world of today...and a bit lucky. Obviously a lot of people must like her though?

a flirTy Swot.

What's the point of the question ?

You can look her up on wikipedia ?

Is it a "look at me, look how great and cultured I am I don't even know who Taylor Swift is ?"

If we want to get a bit playground then I reckon Christina Agruwhosit is far better than Taylor Swift.