House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
assetrichcashpoor

Rics Bye-Laws, Rules And Regulations

Hello,

Can someone post me a link to the RICS bye-laws, rules and regulations? I've had a look online and can't find them.

We've entered into a dispute with our surveyor due to what we believe to be their negligence when they carried out the survey. We've been dealing with three surveyors at the original firm and the conduct of all three has been appalling. They've repeatedly made technical claims that are blatantly incorrect. They have repeatedly contridicted themselves and changed their story once we disprove another one of their shaky claims and there has been outright dishonesty in places.

I wish to complain to RICS about the surveyors conduct. I cannot believe that any professional body would allow their members to carry on like this. I'd like a copy of the bye-laws, rules and regulations so I can say specifically where they have broken them, rather than a generic complaint about their conduct.

I'm aware RICS won't get involved with the negligence claim itself, I just want them to look into the conduct of the surveyors.

Many thanks