House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Dalek Voices

Why do Daleks all have the same accent? Aren't any of them from t'North or Wales? :blink:

Bear in mind the last time I watched dr who was as a kid 25 years ago...but werent they all a hive mind...like a super dalek somewhere using them as conduits. Presumably it was all his voice.

I was expecting the black Dalek to sound a bit more Jamaican.

Why do Daleks all have the same accent?

If you watch/listen more carefully to the episodes featuring the Daleks, you will hear that they actually don't all have the same accent/voice.

There are many distinct and different voices (and often personalities as well - some are impetuous, some more cautious etc). These differences are as a result of the organic living matter contained withing the Dalek protection dome.

Why do Daleks all have the same accent? Aren't any of them from t'North or Wales? :blink:

"Bloody Daleks...they all sound the same to me" - Mr Pin

Next thing you'll be saying they all look the same ya big racist! Actually, hold on...

Guest eight

Hopefully you'll find a new job soon...........

All we need now is some bigshot capitalist to create one for him....

All we need now is some bigshot capitalist to create one for him....

I don't see why the job creation heavy lifting has to fall on my online Walter Mitty fantasy shoulders.

Can't Mr Renting's imaginary uncle create a quality control position, for him, in the dildo whittling department?

I don't see why the job creation heavy lifting has to fall on my online Walter Mitty fantasy shoulders.

Can't Mr Renting's imaginary uncle create a quality control position, for him, in the dildo whittling department?

Ah now we are talking of a job which adds real value to the economy. :blink:

Maybe I could work in a Dalek bodyshop, for when they get dented, and need a respray?

I would employ him in my virtual trucking firm but Operation Stack has put paid to that hypothetical cashflow.

I can recommend Mr Pin for a job at SNACR enterprises on the following bases:

• He drives a Lexus
  • He is fully house trained
  • The Lexus has a V8 engine

What's not to like?

I would employ him in my virtual trucking firm but Operation Stack has put paid to that hypothetical cashflow.

I can recommend Mr Pin for a job at SNACR enterprises on the following bases:

• He drives a Lexus
  • He is fully house trained
  • The Lexus has a V8 engine

What's not to like?

I might be tempted by a slighty smaller Lexus if that job in Taunton turns up. Otherwise Saudi Arabia will run dry. Not true really as it will do over 30 mpg on a run. I'm just wondering whether Daleks use metric or imperial fasteners, after all they have been made since the sixties. I also wonder why their "ears" light up when they speak. Maybe this is for the benefit of deaf Daleks?

And are there any left-handed Daleks? Do gay Daleks get resprayed in especially flamboyant colours? Do Daleks sing in the bath? (More like a carwash really). Do they play Dalek football on their day off? Do they write poetry worse than Vogons?

I'll see your German Daleks and raise you a Jamaican cyberman:

Most excellent! :D;)

Guest eight

Do you have any reason to be particularly upset about the attempted ram-raid on Wilkinsons Darlington last night?

Do you have any reason to be particularly upset about the attempted ram-raid on Wilkinsons Darlington last night?

Christ! Not exactly a Birmingham diamond district heist! Who wants all those plastic buckets? :huh:

Anorak alert:

The Daleks aren't robots, they are living beings. They are the mutated 'final form' of a species called the Kaleds. The creature lives inside the casing.

When you see the creatures they don't appear to have much of a mouth as such and it's never really made clear as to whether the voice is organic or computerised in nature. If the former then it's reasonable that they will have slightly different sounding voices to each other, as we do.

In reality the voices have been provided by a small number of actors over the years, currently, IIRC, Nicholas Briggs provides the voices which is probably why they all sound much the same now. The digitisation and effects on the vocal have changed (been deepened) in the re-launched series.

Davros was different, being more organic and largely humanoid in appearance. His voice changed - originally done by the brilliant Michael Wisher (again IIRC) and later the inferior Terry Molloy. He had some sort of throat implant to amplify his voice.

The Cybermen are probably the most comedic. They are supposed to be devoid of emotion yet display it in most stories, and in 'Revenge of the Cybermen' (again IIRC) one of them has a clear Saaf Afrikin accent which sounds hilarious.

Anorak alert:

The Daleks aren't robots, they are living beings. They are the mutated 'final form' of a species called the Kaleds. The creature lives inside the casing.

The Cybermen are probably the most comedic. They are supposed to be devoid of emotion yet display it in most stories, and in 'Revenge of the Cybermen' (again IIRC) one of them has a clear Saaf Afrikin accent which sounds hilarious.

There must be black cybermen aswell? :blink: They will cyber anyone up, like the Borg, or Catholic Church.